D9854 Help

xbleedblackx

Original poster
Nov 13, 2019
Colorado
Hello Everybody! I'm looking for some assistance. I have access to several professional receivers and am trying to figure out how to pull the fta music choice channels from G 14. The receiver I am currently working with is a Cisco D9854. I have looked up all the configuration information from lyngsat and programmed it accordingly. I can not for the life of me to get the signal to lock and its driving me nuts! What could I possibly be missing? I know my signal is good (I have other receivers working off this dish and have tested my coax lead to the receiver,) I'm set to the correct polarity, I've been over everything I can find and feel I have done adequate research to no avail. One thing I question is if this receiver is even capable of what I'm trying to make it do. It's a Powervue and does DVB S2.... Could it be possible the receiver is locked to a carrier and thus not use-able for another service provider (the receiver was in service not too long ago.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It may be your receiver, not all receivers can pull in those channels, I forget what encoding they are, VCM?, I think. Only a few receivers are capable of pulling those channels in, even though they're ITC.

I think probably the lack of responses is that no one's familiar with your receiver, so they don't know if it'll work with the MC channel or not. I've no idea myself whether or not that receiver can pull them in or not

:welcome to SatelliteGuys xbleedblackx.

I think probably the lack of responses is that no one's familiar with your receiver, so they don't know if it'll work with the MC channel or not.
Yes, this is the issue. This is a commercial receiver and not many have used these for hobby consumer use.