Which NFL Games are you receving this week?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Saturday's games...easy coming up

CBS on all 3...the late game
San Diego/Detroit

Fox on all 3
Vikes at noon
Philly/Dallas the late game

From the "damn why even televise it" category (yeah I know) ;)
preliminary listings

ARIZONA @ CINCINNATI (Stockton/Lynch)
KSAZ Phoenix AZ
KMSB Tucson AZ
KECY Yuma AZ
WDRB Louisville KY
WTTE Columbus OH

you know your team is gonna be blacked out when 7 days before the game the network doesnt even put the local station in the listings ;)

Saturday :

1pm
Browns @ Ravens CBS
Rams @ Steelers FOX

4pm
Eagles @ Cowboys FOX

OTA: Detroit

1pm
Giants @ Jets FOX

4pm
Chargers @ Lions CBS

Wow, the Local team Cleveland is & Detroit is NOT on TV.

The Local Browns are on CBS at 1 the other Local team, Lions while playing at 4 are NOT on, why would that be ?
There is NO 4 pm game on CBS scheduled for the Toledo market.

This sux seeing we are forced to see the Eagles and Cowboys, while there are playoff implications for the local team.

Now, seeing the game is NOT scheduled to be on the network, will it be on the Sunday (Saturday) Ticket or Blacked out ?

Fox has the doubleheader this week so CBS can only show one game

Thats why here in Minneapolis they are showing the late game even though the Vikes are on the road. If the Vikes are at home no game can go against it but if they are on the road then CBS could show a early game

Week 17 both networks have a DH week

so that is why Detroit only gets 2 games coming up. CBS can only show one game (the late game) and since the Lions are at home no game can be shown opposite it (hence no 4:00 Fox game)

Fox has the doubleheader this week so CBS can only show one game

Thats why here in Minneapolis they are showing the late game even though the Vikes are on the road. If the Vikes are at home no game can go against it but if they are on the road then CBS could show a early game

Week 17 both networks have a DH week

so that is why Detroit only gets 2 games coming up. CBS can only show one game (the late game) and since the Lions are at home no game can be shown opposite it (hence no 4:00 Fox game)

Actually in this case the Browns are the designated Home team by someone far higher up than the FANS.

So as you said, FOX has a DH ....
Wait, nothing can go against the Home team time slot ?

The Browns play on Fox (on the road) at 1 (Ravens)
The Rams play at the Steelers at the same time.

The late game is a Fox game with the Eagles and Cowboys, my question would be why are the other local team Detroit not being shown at the 4 pm time slot instead of the Stinkin Eagles and Cowboys ?

Fwiw, Detroit is only 50 miles from Toledo, while the Browns are about 120 miles away.

Actually in this case the Browns are the designated Home team by someone far higher up than the FANS.
I assume most of Northern Ohio will show all Cleveland games regardless of what is on elsewhere.

So as you said, FOX has a DH ....
Wait, nothing can go against the Home team time slot ?
In the market of a team if they are at home and sold out no game can be shown opposite of that game. period. No grey area.
If its not blacked out then they can substitute another game but again no game can be shown opposite it.
Thats why this past Sunday even though CBS had the DH Minneapolis only got the late game (Vikes at home). Mankato and Duluth can show the early game and both did.
Doesnt matter what the opposite game is if the team is at home they cannot show a game opposite. Thats why San Fran was the ONLY market that couldn't show Tebow/Brady and didnt have another game on CBS to show (unlike Cleveland that had the Browns on at 4:00). San Fran was at home on Fox.

The Browns play on Fox (on the road) at 1 (Ravens)
The Rams play at the Steelers at the same time.
Cleveland game is on CBS...AFC road team games are on CBS

The late game is a Fox game with the Eagles and Cowboys, my question would be why are the other local team Detroit not being shown at the 4 pm time slot instead of the Stinkin Eagles and Cowboys ?
Detroit game is on CBS (San Diego being an AFC team and the road team CBS carries it). Since CBS Toledo took the Browns game as the early game they cannot show any other game.
CBS Detroit is forced to take the Lions game (since it sold out). And following rules above the 4:00 Fox game cannot be shown.

Fwiw, Detroit is only 50 miles from Toledo, while the Browns are about 120 miles away.
That doesnt matter unless a team claims the market as a secondary market and Detroit only claims Lansing and Grand Rapids. Secondary markets are forced to show the road games of that team.
The Toledo market runs all the way to Sandusky so thats why the Browns games are shown in Toledo...even though Detroit may be closer the CBS would rather show the Browns over the Lions.

Here is a good read on how the markets work and what you'd get
the506.com - NFL map index 2011

scroll down the page on it

Basically the fact Detroit is playing a AFC team you get screwed out of the game in Toledo. If Fox carried the game it would have been shown instead of the national game at 4:00

I assume most of Northern Ohio will show all Cleveland games regardless of what is on elsewhere.

In the market of a team if they are at home and sold out no game can be shown opposite of that game. period. No grey area.
If its not blacked out then they can substitute another game but again no game can be shown opposite it.
Thats why this past Sunday even though CBS had the DH Minneapolis only got the late game (Vikes at home). Mankato and Duluth can show the early game and both did.
Doesnt matter what the opposite game is if the team is at home they cannot show a game opposite. Thats why San Fran was the ONLY market that couldn't show Tebow/Brady and didnt have another game on CBS to show (unlike Cleveland that had the Browns on at 4:00). San Fran was at home on Fox.

Cleveland game is on CBS...AFC road team games are on CBS

Detroit game is on CBS (San Diego being an AFC team and the road team CBS carries it). Since CBS Toledo took the Browns game as the early game they cannot show any other game.
CBS Detroit is forced to take the Lions game (since it sold out). And following rules above the 4:00 Fox game cannot be shown.

That doesnt matter unless a team claims the market as a secondary market and Detroit only claims Lansing and Grand Rapids. Secondary markets are forced to show the road games of that team.
The Toledo market runs all the way to Sandusky so thats why the Browns games are shown in Toledo...even though Detroit may be closer the CBS would rather show the Browns over the Lions.

Here is a good read on how the markets work and what you'd get
the506.com - NFL map index 2011

scroll down the page on it

Basically the fact Detroit is playing a AFC team you get screwed out of the game in Toledo. If Fox carried the game it would have been shown instead of the national game at 4:00

Boy, I'm glad you know how all this works, it's confusing from time to time ...

Hopefully the Lions will be available to me on the Sunday (Saturday) Ticket.

Btw, the Saturday games are being shown as part of the ST, right ?

I REALLY hope they tape Ben up good and whatever else they have to do ....
We need him in there tonight .

As was mentioned earlier in the day, Ben often plays Better when he's hurt ... :confused:

Not sure how that works, but some people are that way.

Boy, I'm glad you know how all this works, it's confusing from time to time ...
I agree. Its easy for me because my market is the local market of a NFL team. So if the Vikes are at home I cant see any game opposite it (even if its the "game of the century").
Your market the Browns are "top dog" (yeah I know...lame reference) but at least you get a game opposite network if they have the DH games.

Hopefully the Lions will be available to me on the Sunday (Saturday) Ticket.
of course it would be. All games are on NFL ST. The only games you would be blacked out of are the games that Toledo is taking as the local games. Those are available only on your local CBS & Fox

Btw, the Saturday games are being shown as part of the ST, right ?
games on NFL Network are shown on there, not ST

Like I say this week is weird because Detroit is on CBS this week due to the AFC team. If they were on Fox you'd get the game in Toledo

Boston only gets two games this Saturday, for the same reason Ice explained perfectly above (it's only the second time this year that Boston gets only two games....Week 13 was the other)

1:00pm- Dolphins at Patriots (CBS)
4:15pm- Eagles at Cowboys (FOX)

BTW, does anyone else find it ironic that the two teams that host Thanksgiving games every year (Dallas, Detroit) are also the two teams that are hosting late afternoon games on Xmas Eve. Seems like their players and fans are getting screwed with the schedule (all other Christmas Eve games are 1:00pm LOCAL time).

From the "damn why even televise it" category (yeah I know) ;)
preliminary listings

ARIZONA @ CINCINNATI (Stockton/Lynch)
KSAZ Phoenix AZ
KMSB Tucson AZ
KECY Yuma AZ
WDRB Louisville KY
WTTE Columbus OH

you know your team is gonna be blacked out when 7 days before the game the network doesnt even put the local station in the listings ;)

Wow, if that distributon is any indication, Dick Stockton has really fallen out of favor at Fox!

From hearing all the stuff about local markets etc. Im pretty lucky because I dont have a local NFL team. Technically, my CBS affiliate in CT. shows the Patriots but there not really the home team. I say that because yesterday instead of showing Pats/Broncos, my affiliate, WFSB, stayed with the Dolphins/Bills until it was over.

For the games on Christmas Eve:

1pm:

WCBS 2-TBA
WFSB 3-Dolphins/Patriots
FOX 61- Giants/Jets

4pm:
WCBS 2-Chargers/Lions
FOX 61-Cowboys/Eagles

Wow, if that distributon is any indication, Dick Stockton has really fallen out of favor at Fox!

Cincy would be on the list too but they have a ton of tickets left

When Ron Pitts did the games a few years ago he always got the crappy games....hence to PGOTW (Pitts Game of the Week)...this would be one

From hearing all the stuff about local markets etc. Im pretty lucky because I dont have a local NFL team. Technically, my CBS affiliate in CT. shows the Patriots but there not really the home team. I say that because yesterday instead of showing Pats/Broncos, my affiliate, WFSB, stayed with the Dolphins/Bills until it was over.

Wasnt the game over by 4:10? I thought all the early games were?

Anywho the rule of teams in the late game DH here are the rules
If the local team is playing in the second game of a doubleheader, the affiliates in primary and secondary markets, as well as a small number of other markets that request it, must switch out of the early game if it goes past 4:10 PM ET, in order to get to the kickoff of the local game. This is known as a "mandatory pullout".

Wasnt the game over by 4:10? I thought all the early games were?

Anywho the rule of teams in the late game DH here are the rules
If the local team is playing in the second game of a doubleheader, the affiliates in primary and secondary markets, as well as a small number of other markets that request it, must switch out of the early game if it goes past 4:10 PM ET, in order to get to the kickoff of the local game. This is known as a "mandatory pullout".

Im not sure if the game ended by 4:10 pm but the Pats game was joined in progress.

bland weekend on the 3 cities I get (Minneapolis, Duluth, Mankato)

CBS Early
Jets/Miami
CBS Late
KC/Denver

Fox Early
Vikes/Bears
Fox Late
Tampa/Atlanta

No CBS Early on WCCO Minneapolis (Vikes at home) but on KEYC Mankato and KDLH Duluth

Week 17- Boston

Bills at Patriots- 1:00pm (CBS)
Buccaneers at Falcons- 4:15pm (FOX)
Chiefs at Broncos- 4:15pm (CBS)

Toledo DMA

Jets @ Dolphins- 1pm CBS
Lions @ Packers- 1pm FOX

Steelers @ Browns- 4pm CBS
Bucs @ Falcons- 4pm

OTA

Lions @ Packers- 1pm FOX
Jets @ Dolphins- 1pm CBS

Bucs @ Falcons- 4pm
Chiefs @ Bronco's- 4pm

This is good, I get to watch the Lions at 1 pm, the Steelers at 4 pm
While keeping an eye on the Falcons and the Ravens will be available on the ST !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)