Which one of these descriptions best fits how you feel about VOOM today:

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I was asked by a company that works very closely with VOOM to post the following poll. Your participation in the poll is very important. I am going to pass the reports to them and these results will go directly to Mr. Dolan (believe it or not).

I am going to post the poll in a few minutes...

Voom Is Starting A New Revolution in HD

Voom is Starting a revolution in HD. It is catering and nourishing needs of a popultion that is technologically savvy and demands the best in picture quality and choice. This is a growing segment of the television public, especially with the number of hd sets projected to reach 50 million in the next 3 years. HD is in ints infancy and voom is definining that hunger for HD, and fulfilling it. It makes so sense to have a $5000 tv set, and have four channels of Hd offered as other dbs providers offer. With voom we get almost 36 HD channels with a commitment of picture quality that is evident in the Voom only HD exclusives. Voom is starting a revolution. Hang on Mr Dolan, your investment will soon pan off. Thank you for improving our tv viewing experience and listening to us :)

once the DVR comes out...

I voted for the future of home entertainment as once the DVR is out w/ PPV there is no longer a need to leave the home...Once the X-Box/P2 is compatible with the DVR (or do they become the DVR???) we will have a true integrated home entertainment system

I voted for passionate about hd, and nothing else. Yes, they're the only ones passionate about HD, but I still think the care and should care about cable favorites.

I think Voom is the future of home entertainment. It's also fun and exciting to be in on the ground floor. Voom will be adding more channels, hopefully in HD, and they will eventually get PPV and the PVR in front of their customers.

I'm probably one of the older people in this forum, at age 52. My wife and I don't enjoy going to movie theaters for many reasons--crowds, bad seats, finding a parking place, etc., and prefer to exploit home entertainment options. Voom gives us many choices for home entertainment, and that's why we spent the $$ to get an HDTV. And we would not have bought an HDTV without knowing about Voom.

We have had Voom for the better part of 5 months now, and are very happy with most aspects of the service and the quality. Voom has far more HD content than other providers, and HD is what we wanted. Voom has a great product at just the right time, and it is getting better all the time.

I like voom and all, but that has to be the craziest poll I've ever seen.

It's like saying hey dude, do you think coke is so totally great tasting that it makes your balls tingle, or do you think coke tastes so totally great that it makes you want to shout out "hey now" to all the ladies.

VOOM is redefining the service

Let's face it. I bought a very expensive TV. I want to watch the best Picture quaility I can. I work during the evenings when the networks are presenting 98% of their HD programming. There is only so much PQ a DVD player can deliver. If you want to watch HD 24/7 Digital Satellite Systems are the only alternative.

Currently the big two (dish and direct) cannot deliver the amount of HD programming Voom delivers. VOOM is redefining the service as a critical component of HDTV. It's price right, there's some bugs to work out but it's still early, and it will probably get better.

I feel the others will follow shortly. It's just a numbers issue, more HDTVs sold, more demand.

just my 2 cents,

nc2

Yah the poll options are just too close to the same thing. I noticed there aren't any negative options either. No 'fair and balanced' there! However, I doubt there would be much overall negativity, it seems that VooM has reall takent he high road to getting broadcasters to show HD. I think it could speed things up in the long run.

On a second note I found rollerfink's comments to be extremely hilarious. IMHO.
rollerfink said:
or do you think coke tastes so totally great that it makes you want to shout out "hey now" to all the ladies.

It's been a long while since I've been in market research, but it looks like a perception/market penetration study (or maybe tossing out some phrases to see what sticks to incoporate into press releases, marketing campaigns, etc.).

Anyway- I think rollerfink's come up with the a pretty good catch phrase- just replace 'Coke' and 'tastes' with 'Voom' and 'looks'. ;)

How about a poll line item that says VOOM is dedicated to using installers forever at $200 a crack, who do not show until they feel like it, have the technical acumen less than Joe Sixpack, and work for VOOM's 'subsidiary' Install's Inc.

rollerfink said:
I like voom and all, but that has to be the craziest poll I've ever seen.

It's like saying hey dude, do you think coke is so totally great tasting that it makes your balls tingle, or do you think coke tastes so totally great that it makes you want to shout out "hey now" to all the ladies.

Mine are tingling...

Since I don't qualify for the first condition- I guess I'll just have to go with shouting out "hey now" to all of the um... ladies (which will *really* confuse my husband and friends) ;)

I think most of the rest of us are all VERY happy to hear that you do not qualify for the first condition. That would confuse your husband a lot more than you shouting at other ladies.

The Stone Man said:
That would confuse your husband a lot more than you shouting at other ladies.

Me shouting at other ladies would not confuse him at all, it's the "Hey now" part that might :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)