Which one would you prefer: iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c?

My favorite things about switching from the 4 to the 5 was the 5 is thinner and lighter. I don't do much browsing or video watching on my phone, that's what the iPad is for. :)

For you guys that had the 4 or 4s and switched to the 5, did the screen size seem a to be bigger when browsing or watching video?
My 4s screen has shrunk over the last two years. Can't be my eyes can it? :)

I upgraded from the 4S to the 5. The screen is noticeably bigger for pretty much all purposes. The phone itself is almost the same length but the screen is bigger. Now if you have been checking out some of the android phones it will still seem tiny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For you guys that had the 4 or 4s and switched to the 5, did the screen size seem a to be bigger when browsing or watching video?
My 4s screen has shrunk over the last two years. Can't be my eyes can it? :)

It is bigger, especially since the videos no longer have to be letterboxed for 16:9 viewing.

Can I assume that the 5 and 5C have the same dimensions? I am trying to determine case options for the 5S we will be getting but it looks like the 5S is smaller all the way around compadre to the 5C per the dimensions on the apple website. Just small enough of a difference to make the 5C case not fit on the 5S if I'm reading it right. The 5 has disappeared from the apple store so I cannot compare that way.

Can I assume that the 5 and 5C have the same dimensions? I am trying to determine case options for the 5S we will be getting but it looks like the 5S is smaller all the way around compadre to the 5C per the dimensions on the apple website. Just small enough of a difference to make the 5C case not fit on the 5S if I'm reading it right. The 5 has disappeared from the apple store so I cannot compare that way.

I think the 5 and 5S have the same dimensions with the 5C being different. If you look at apple's website they list the same cases as being compatible with the 5 and 5S. They have different cases for the 5C.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks for the help!

What the hell. Sep 20 is my bday.
I might as well treat myself to a new phone:)

Thanks for the help!

What the hell. Sep 20 is my bday.
I might as well treat myself to a new phone:)
I was thinking the same thing (no, not buying you an iPhone for your Birthday, but for me!):D

You share my nephew's birthday. Hope you have a good day!

I wanted to break an item that may sway people away from the iPhone 5c. I was in the mall today to pick up my new glasses and a leather 5/5s case for my iPhone 5. Now that I could see clearly, I took another look at both iPhone models.

What I noticed on the 5c models was the SIM card carrier was outlined in black, like the color was painted on instead of solid, and the black base showed at the seams. What it was was hand grime from the thousands of people that have handled the phones. I don't know if the higher tolerances on the metal space frame on the 4/4s/5/5s prevents that, but on the 5c, especially the bright colors, it stands out like Apple put a black border around the SIM card.

A friend of mine tried really hard to talk his daughter out of the 5C into the 5S... She just wanted one feature of the 5C... Pink...

Will upgrade my wife to a 5s in January. She currently has a 4s. My son's upgrade date is in Oct 2014. Will be able to get him a 5s at a reduced price, since 6's will most likely be out by then. Both are happy with their 4s for now. No need for the lastest version every year.

A friend of mine tried really hard to talk his daughter out of the 5C into the 5S... She just wanted one feature of the 5C... Pink...
Since EVERYone needs a case...
Can't tell you how many pink cases I've given to friends!
As for those staying with the 4S for a while, I'm with you.
Just got one. Love the styling. Speed is fine on iOS 6.
(and I keep it in a bumper or TPU case!) ;)
I think the iPhone 6 is the one to wait for.

Last edited:
Since EVERYone needs a case...
Can't tell you how many pink cases I've given to friends!
As for those staying with the 4S for a while, I'm with you.
Just got one. Love the styling. Speed is fine on iOS 6.
(and I keep it in a bumper or TPU case!) ;)
I think the iPhone 6 is the one to wait for.

She ended up getting the pink 5C... there was no talking her out of it... I pointed out that at least he saved $100...

I saw that VirginMobile will be getting the new iPhone models starting October 1. I was going to pick up a 5 at $100 less than original price, but now the 5s could be back on the table. I bet they won't have any gold 64 GB models at launch!

I saw that VirginMobile will be getting the new iPhone models starting October 1. I was going to pick up a 5 at $100 less than original price, but now the 5s could be back on the table. I bet they won't have any gold 64 GB models at launch!
I just ordered a white/silver 64 GB 5s for $749 on VirginMobile's site (iPhone 5s and 5c went live at 8am ET). Their prices are $100 less than the other pre-paid carriers. Did not see that coming. They also have the iPhone 5, but it's the same price as the 5s, so why not get the 5s?

And I was right, no gold iPhones, at least I wasn't able to get one.

Big seller in China is a gold sticker that people put on the back of a silver phone to make it look like it is the gold one... a $2 solution...

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2013/09/30/gold-iphone-5s-sparks-china-sticker-craze/

“Dear, you don’t need to sell your kidney for the new iPhone,” one of the ads said. “Instead of paying 5288 yuan (the retail price of the 16-gigabyte iPhone 5S in China), you only need to spend 35 yuan to make your iPhone 5 look like a golden iPhone 5S in seconds.”

http://www.tuaw.com/2013/09/30/gold-iphone-stickers-a-hit-in-china-following-iphone-5s-release/

If you stick the phone in Apple's new 5/5s case, the only evidence that you were able to score gold is the ring around the home button. I'll settle for second place...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)