Which one?

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Looks like I may be going back to Android when I decide which phone to upgrade to. I have an iPhone 4S and I'm not happy with the fact that Apple hasn't released a larger handset other than the 5 and it sounds like they may not plan to until next year at the earliest. That and I do not like the new iOS 7 look.

We are with Verizon and even though we are out in the country it looks like their 4G LTE covers our area.

I'm looking between the Galaxy S3, S4, the HTC One (whenever it arrives on Verizon's network) or possibly Note 2 (or wait for 3 this fall).

I've read several reviews on the ones that are out now. I do wish Verizon had the S4 in a 32GB configuration. My 4S is a 16GB and currently I have about 2.5GB left of free space. I can't seem to decide which one would be the best one to upgrade to.

My wife is in the same boat on this. She's getting frustrated with her 4S and also does not like the look of iOS7.

The last Android phones we had were the HTC Evo with Sprint. We loved the Sprint service but their coverage area is just out of reach where we live. Verizon seems to have a monopoly here.

I really like the HTC One so does my wife heck I just pick one up for my kid the other day so we have 3 of them. I like the feel and that it's all metal as well. So far we had no issues and the screen size is just right I would not get anything bigger due to becomes overkill and a pain to carry around. So far I found a great case for it for your belt and plus another case for the device it-self which it still fits inside the other case which is nice. It's the thinnest device I have owned and its fast and works very well so I would recommend the HTC One.

The sound on the HTC One is the best out there the thing sounds amazing with the Beats audio and most that review the device agree as well. Samsung to me is starting to cookie cutter their phones they look the same and they feel cheap. Also HTC seems to have had a better design to their devices over Samsung as well but some of the Samsung devices to me are too big. I know at one point they were going to do the S4 in metal but would have delayed the device but still Samsung devices to me all look the same as the I-Phone as well.

Now with that all being said they are both really good devices so you can't go wrong so I'm not saying Samsung devices are bad or anything just my 2 cents on them. At the end of the day I always advise my users to buy what they like but never buy on trends or hypes due to in most cases the devices will not do what you think and it usually ends of being something you wish that you did not get. So happy hunting like I said their both good device I just prefer the HTC One but S4 is good as well.

I do wish Verizon had the S4 in a 32GB configuration. My 4S is a 16GB and currently I have about 2.5GB left of free space. I can't seem to decide which one would be the best one to upgrade to.

Don't worry that the S4 is only 16GB. You just need to add a Micro SD card to the phone for more storage.

I have the S4 and love it. It is a really nice phone.

Don't worry that the S4 is only 16GB. You just need to add a Micro SD card to the phone for more storage.

I have the S4 and love it. It is a really nice phone.

Do you have a case for it ?

I am probably gonna get a S4 once my money situation gets cleared up and will need a good case, but something not to bulky, need to carry in a pocket and work outdoors daily.

I was looking at a Life Force case that they have on the iPhone, but so far they don't make one for the S4, it was very tight fitting, able to use all functions and very durable.
I'm wondering if they are apple only type of company.

I also need a case that hopefully has a rubbery or something like that, that is NOT slippery.
Is the Otter box the only major ones out there that are durable ?

I have the Samsung cover on mine. I really like it as it just replaces the back cover and then as the folding cover to protect the screen. It isn't the best protection overall but does the trick for me.

You won't go wrong with any of the choices except the S3. It's a year old and really showing it's age.

If you can't live with onboard storage only the galaxy s4 is the way to go for all around goodness.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If you go with the s4, do not get the samsung flip case. I got one as a promo when i got the phone.

It does not shield the on button and the phone has a nasty habit of lighting up in your pocket Gets hot and sucks power.

Get a cover that has a recess for the on button to avoid problems.

The more I use it the more I like it. No way would i go back to iphone.

Do you have a case for it ?

I am probably gonna get a S4 once my money situation gets cleared up and will need a good case, but something not to bulky, need to carry in a pocket and work outdoors daily.

I was looking at a Life Force case that they have on the iPhone, but so far they don't make one for the S4, it was very tight fitting, able to use all functions and very durable.
I'm wondering if they are apple only type of company.

I also need a case that hopefully has a rubbery or something like that, that is NOT slippery.
Is the Otter box the only major ones out there that are durable ?

I have a otter box like case made from body glove on my s3, it works great.

You won't go wrong with any of the choices except the S3. It's a year old and really showing it's age.

If you can't live with onboard storage only the galaxy s4 is the way to go for all around goodness.

I have a S3 and there is nothing wrong with it. Key Lime Pie will also be moved to the S3, so if someone wants to save some money the S3 is the way to go.

The reviews I've read about the comparisons between the two seem to point the recommendation towards the S4 due to the screen size, display type, and camera.

I do like the metal body of the One though, even though no matter which phone I get I will have a case for it.

If you go with the s4, do not get the samsung flip case. I got one as a promo when i got the phone.

It does not shield the on button and the phone has a nasty habit of lighting up in your pocket Gets hot and sucks power.

Get a cover that has a recess for the on button to avoid problems.

The more I use it the more I like it. No way would i go back to iphone.

I haven't had the issue with the flip case that you had. Mine has yet to turn itself on while in my pocket.

I have a S3 and there is nothing wrong with it. Key Lime Pie will also be moved to the S3, so if someone wants to save some money the S3 is the way to go.

To me, it doesn't make sense. For very little additional you get a quad core CPU, double screen resolution (1mp 1280x800 is half that of 1920x1080). So on a 2 year contract you end up with a 3+ year old phone vs a 2 year old which makes a difference in resale value.

The reviews I've read about the comparisons between the two seem to point the recommendation towards the S4 due to the screen size, display type, and camera.

I do like the metal body of the One though, even though no matter which phone I get I will have a case for it.

I got my One at Costco. It came with the silicone slip over case.

To me, it doesn't make sense. For very little additional you get a quad core CPU, double screen resolution (1mp 1280x800 is half that of 1920x1080). So on a 2 year contract you end up with a 3+ year old phone vs a 2 year old which makes a difference in resale value.

To me buying a Phone is like buying a car, you buy the brand new model you will pay a lot more then buying last year's model and there really isn't much difference. My cpu does Just fine, I actually under clock it to save the battery. The camera does a great job Imo. If I want to take a picture that I want to keep forever I have a digital camera.

It's all what people want for themselves. I'm not saying you are wrong or that I'm right, it's what the individual wants.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

To me buying a Phone is like buying a car, you buy the brand new model you will pay a lot more then buying last year's model and there really isn't much difference. My cpu does Just fine, I actually under clock it to save the battery. The camera does a great job Imo. If I want to take a picture that I want to keep forever I have a digital camera.

It's all what people want for themselves. I'm not saying you are wrong or that I'm right, it's what the individual wants.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cameras are so much better on the cells than they use to be, I don't even use my digital camera anymore.

To keep either one, I have to transfer to the computer, so that doesn't matter anymore either.

Cameras are so much better on the cells than they use to be, I don't even use my digital camera anymore.

To keep either one, I have to transfer to the computer, so that doesn't matter anymore either.

I have a really good digital camera that I like.

I bought my wife a nice Nikon here a few months before last Christmas. We have used it once. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)