• Statement 3

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I don't agree with any of these, please post your reason

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I say TBS is the worst channel of all. I have not watched anything on their channel since going hd b/c they are pathetic and show NO HD now!!!!!!

I chose the last option. These are HD channels. They are being delivered in HD. The source content may not be HD, but the delivery is.

There are lots of valid questions. Should content providers move to HD source content more quickly? Should content providers distort source content by changing the aspect ratio? But the content on those channels is 4:3 SD upconverted to HD. Complain that it is upconverted. Complain that it is 4:3. Complain that it is stretched. But don't say it's not HD when it arrives because technically, it is.

I chose the last option. These are HD channels. They are being delivered in HD. The source content may not be HD, but the delivery is.
I'm baffled as to how you think you can have it both ways. It is either HD content in HD, or it is SD.
But don't say it's not HD when it arrives because technically, it is.
These same arguments were made by thousands of TV salesmen with respect to EDTVs. HD isn't HD without HD content. That DIRECTV's MPEG2 SD PQ is so poor does not magically elevate the MPEG4 version to HD.

I'm baffled as to how you think you can have it both ways. It is either HD content in HD, or it is SD.These same arguments were made by thousands of TV salesmen with respect to EDTVs. HD isn't HD without HD content. That DIRECTV's MPEG2 SD PQ is so poor does not magically elevate the MPEG4 version to HD.

The channel is being delivered in HD. If it is in an HD format, it's HD. Now, you can very easily complain that the content sucks and is upconverted, but the channel is in HD.

I am not asking to have it both ways. There is a significant difference in watching upconverted shows on an HD channel versus the same show on an SD channel, even OTA. Spend time complaining about a lack of HD content presented in 16:9.

And no, this has nothing to do with EDTV. It is an HD channel. It is fair to complain that the shows are upconverts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.