Which provider is better?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Viperlx

Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Well my has been up for a few months with directv and my dvr is box is breaking down. I need to replace it but that means being locked in for another 2 years. Has anyone done any shopping around lately on new customer deals for directv, dish, and time warner? These are my top picks in my area and I am not sure if Directv is still what I am looking for.

I know this is the wrong area to ask but figured I could give it a shot.

Whoever has the programming that you want at a price you are wiling to pay is the best provider for you. That may not be the best provider for me but that doesn't matter. There is no best provider for everyone.

Whoever has the programming that you want at a price you are wiling to pay is the best provider for you. That may not be the best provider for me but that doesn't matter. There is no best provider for everyone.

:up:up

Well my has been up for a few months with directv and my dvr is box is breaking down. I need to replace it but that means being locked in for another 2 years. Has anyone done any shopping around lately on new customer deals for directv, dish, and time warner? These are my top picks in my area and I am not sure if Directv is still what I am looking for.

I know this is the wrong area to ask but figured I could give it a shot.

Are you saying your no longer in a contract ?

Your box that is breaking down, if you have the Protection Plan and it goes bad , they will replace it ..... there IS NO contract extension if thier box has gone bad, as far as I know.

Are you saying your no longer in a contract ?

Your box that is breaking down, if you have the Protection Plan and it goes bad , they will replace it ..... there IS NO contract extension if thier box has gone bad, as far as I know.

I do not have it actually. Kinda wish I did now. The tech was here but I had to turn him away on the new dvr. He did mention I could cancel my account and open a new one in my wife's name for the new customers rates.

I do not have it actually. Kinda wish I did now. The tech was here but I had to turn him away on the new dvr. He did mention I could cancel my account and open a new one in my wife's name for the new customers rates.

Want a simple solution ?

Lots of times they will let you have the service call for free if you have just signed up.

Want a simple solution ?

Lots of times they will let you have the service call for free if you have just signed up.

well the service call was free already but if I signed up right now online for the pp and called back would that raise any flags? I also have the techs cell phone cause he mentioned he could swing back through some time today.

Viper: I left DISH when they replaced my 622 with an even older refurb. Sometimes it is better to switch and get all the freebies with another provider and get brand new equipment.

You don't even need the protection plan. If your equipment fails it will be replaced without a contract extension. They will only extend your contract if you UPGRADE your equipment. Just tell them your box wont turn at all

You don't even need the protection plan. If your equipment fails it will be replaced without a contract extension. They will only extend your contract if you UPGRADE your equipment. Just tell them your box wont turn at all

Yea, I just called to cancel and they did this for me. Talked to them 4 times before this and it took them this time to say something >.<.

well the service call was free already but if I signed up right now online for the pp and called back would that raise any flags? .
Your thinking of canceling service and signing up under your wifes name, and your worried about Red Flags from the Protection plan?????

Wow!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)