Which receiver to buy????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jacknk

Oct 30, 2011
se
My neighbor has 3 receivers and said I could buy one cheap. The problem is I don't know very much about them and am not sure which one to get. He has a Pansat 9000, Pansat 9200, and a Sonicview HD8000. I am hoping to get some sport satellite feeds. I am going to use a 30" dish. Would one of them be better than the rest? Thanks.

My opinion of that bunch, is that the Pansat 9000 would be my choice. Since it has no blindscan but DOES support DVB-S2, it'd put it in the class of a Coolsat 8000. I wouldn't pay more than $35 and plan on fixing the power supply ( it's an old receiver).

As FTA equipment goes, there are some really decent receivers out there now that are cheap @ around $125. I've got two Openbox S9s that I bought used for under $100 each shipped. One came from a member here and the other came from a vendor on Amazon.com. I've also got an AZ Ultra and an Elite but use those S9 receivers 98% of the time as they're just easier to use, IMHO and will do all video except 4.2.2, which is "suppose" to be a dying format.

This one might be a good one, depending on where the price goes. Or you can search fleabay for Openbox S9 and see what turns up. There's several there now for under $100 shipped.

Openbox S9 Receiver HD High Definition HDMI Free to Air Satellite LOT with Parts | eBay

My opinion of that bunch, is that the Pansat 9000 would be my choice. Since it has no blindscan but DOES support DVB-S2, it'd put it in the class of a Coolsat 8000. I wouldn't pay more than $35 and plan on fixing the power supply ( it's an old receiver).

why not the 9200 which does have blind scan?

why not the 9200 which does have blind scan?

My guess is that the 9200 does NOT have the s2 module included. The s2 module costs more than an Openbox s9 . At least the Pansat 9000 natively supports dvb-s2. As cheap as new receivers are ( and they're all better than any of these mentioned), Id actually recommend getting an Openbox s9, if you had to buy right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts