Which Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bh758

Original poster
May 9, 2010
St. Louis MO
I am looking for an FTA receiver. I have read several places that say the quality is not so good for the ones who are using them to receive Dish and DTV and the quality seems to be better for those of us who buy one made for "real FTA". I am mainly going to be using it to pick up the christian channels & the history channel so I am looking for one of the better quality ones. I would like one with a good tuner and a PVR.

Could I have some suggestions please?

Thanks,
Brian

I agree with Gary on the 1100. I have the 200 (no PVR) and its a great receiver and Glorystar has software that if you select "glorystar" it will load the Glorystar approved chanenls in the receiver automatically

The only one I can think of with current firmware support, is the 1100c, as recommended above.
In our Equipment Review department, you can read about the GeoSatPro 1100c, as well as the DSR-200.

All the other brands mentioned above are pretty much as-is, and won't be seeing any changes.

Just remember to hook up the receiver to your TV using S-video or Component cables, so you get the best quality picture.
Composite cables may be sufficient for some of the lower quality channels, but never hook up using RF channel 3/4, even if the satellite receiver has the feature.

Well, I may suggest all to begin thinking moving into a MPEG 4 regardles they're HD or not. I have heard that many companies are looking forward to made the movement since they can acomodate more TPs. Also, if they finally launch; Free Direct Broadcast Satellite Network has said they will move from MPEG 2 to 4 a year from day 1. Beside that we will also have the flexibility to keep using our actual FTA boxes for those that doesn't jump into it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)