which sat am I seeing?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rogwilfor

Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
I have been trying to set up a new (motorized) system for a while, and having no luck. I finally took a sat finder out to the dish and I did find a signal. But, the receiver still says no signal. I am guessing I am pointed at a different sat than the receiver thinks I am. Is there any way for me to find out what transponder is sending the signal lighting up my sat finder meter?

Thanks!

I have been trying to set up a new (motorized) system for a while, and having no luck. I finally took a sat finder out to the dish and I did find a signal. But, the receiver still says no signal. I am guessing I am pointed at a different sat than the receiver thinks I am. Is there any way for me to find out what transponder is sending the signal lighting up my sat finder meter?

Thanks!
Make sure your LNB is setup according to its type ie universal or standard of the LO frequency shown on your LNB. If the satellite that your finder has found is circular (ie DISH or DIRECTV) and your system is linear (FTA) then your receiver won't see it.
Bob

Last edited:
if you have a blind scan/power scan/smart scan on the receiver, run a scan. That will show the transponders and channels wherever you are aimed at. Then you can match it up with thelist and see where you are ;)

Excellent! That worked Iceberg. Now to hunt through the list and figure out what I've got. (Only one video channel with a test pattern, so I guess I need to compare the list of transponders - but I am so happy I found something.)

Thanks!

Or reply to my PM and I can try and help you identify it :)

EDIT: Rogwilfor is pointed at AMC 9 (83 Degrees West): Identified by the data transponders there.

I guess I will eventually add the data transponders to TheList. :)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts