Which Sat Signal level do I trust?

kschorz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
I just had a 24" dish installed. On the green signal level bar the signal level is 97 and the EMM Provider is 4224.

On the screen which shows Sat and OTA signal levels and quality, the sat signal power is 77 and the SN Ratio is 15.90.
The Sat signal quality is 97.

Current software is V00.05.68
EMM Providers: 1080, 15a.

Who, what, where, how is/are the signal level I should use?

The reason is I still get quite a bit of picture break up while changing channels and it takes up to five seconds to get picture stabilization. I haven't had a good rain yet so I don't know if my rain fade problems are cured.

As I'm in LA, so we don't get much rain.

The problems you've just described I've had from day one. It's the worst part of Voom, the freakin junk Moto box.

I doubt those numbers mean anything. According to most of the posters here most of the features are "disabled". I have a high 90 signal also but if the wind blows just right or a flock of birds fly over I lose signal.

From what I understand, the quality can be seen to some degree as the accuracy and clarity of your line of sight, and the power can be seen as the power remaining in the signal after it shoots through miles of atmosphere, hits your dish, reflects into the LNB, and travels down your wires to the stb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)