Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellite_crazy_bob

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 30, 2004
Massachusetts
Can anyone tell me which satellites are used for subscribers in the north east (Massachusetts) Channels of interest are Basic Programming, Premium Programming, HDTV Programming and Local Channels.

Thanks!

For a standard-type programming package on DirecTV, the only reception requirement would be the normal, 18-inch dish. Boston locals, basic programming and the premiums are all on 101.

HD channels on DirecTV require the phase III dish, which views 101, 110, and 119, as most of the HD is on 110 and some is on 119. If you currently have Dish Network as your signature describes, you already have the view to 110 and 119.

Greg Bimson said:
If you currently have Dish Network as your signature describes, you already have the view to 110 and 119.

Thanks for the response Greg, yes I do currently have Dish Network, but that will change next week, I was thinking of putting the Directv Dish in a different location thats why I was wondering what satellites were being used for the programming I mentioned, I have to make sure I have a clear view for all three. Again thanks for the response...

You must have a good view if you are currently using a Dish 500 for 110 and 119. To check for 101, stand behind the dish, and look 14.5 degrees to the left of the Dish 500, and a few degrees higher. If you are all clear, you are set...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)