Which tuner does Sling use on Hopper?

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
I'm trying to decide if I am keeping the Slingbox 350, or the Dish Sling adapter. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

The major disadvantage I am seeing with the Dish adapter is on my 722, it obviously uses the TV2 side. This creates a problem if TV2 is recording (it is my default), even if TV1 is completely free, there is no way to watch live TV.
On a Hopper, would it automatically pick whichever tuner is available for live TV and eliminate this problem? If so, and I decide the DishSling is better, I may have to go ahead and upgrade and bank on Scott's promise of OTA coming soon :D

The Slingbox 350 is a good product, but I am NOT a fan of their mandated web interface. My old SlingAV was perfect and used the local client software which I liked, the only problem is it doesn't work with the Android tablet version. If it did, I'd have no reason to upgrade.

The way I see it, I have 3 options.
1) Keep Sling350
2) Keep DishSling - if hopper upgrade solves my problem
3) Keep my SlingAV, and use the phone version on my tablet.

Yes. The Sling adapter is a lot better on Hopper since the Hopper just uses an available tuner, rather than taking up TV2, since TV2 would be a Joey which has it's own video processor.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)