Which TV is better? Also is 3D worth the premium?

cinnabun93

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
United States
Indeed. 3D is NOT a premium. It is a feature of all major manufacturers' better HDTV lines. In fact, the only non-3D HDTVs available from the top tier manufacturers are for their entry level TVs. I purchased my 3D Panny plasma last May ( 2010 ), and have absolutely loved every 3D minute of it. The sports ( Football scares the daylights out of me when the ball leaves the TV and enters my living room ! ), nature shows, movies, documentaries, IMAX, etc., are AWESOME. And I am really looking forward to the Olympics in 3D this summer !
And, as far as your choices for a 32" TV, I would go with the Sharp, as a lot of people are reporting having problems with Sony TVs, and with Sony customer service. And, at 32", most major manufacturers' TVs are going to look pretty much the same. That being said, stay away from the "House" and "no name" brands. The vast majority of those TVs will be dead before summer, and will cost you more to have it repaired ( IF you can actually find someone who CAN repair it ) than a new one will cost.

Last edited:
Id take the sharp and the xtra 5". As far as 3D, form your own opinion because most of the better sets will come with it. I tried it hard core for months, and sold all my gear. Have not missed it. Some will like it, and some wont.

I really enjoy 3D. Best performer for 3D is Plasma. My Sony (820) performs very well in 2D and 3D. 2D->3D conversion is mediocre at best depending on the source and content.

S~

If the 3D game gave you a headache, it was probably using active shutter glasses. I would recommend the passive polarized filters such as the LG 55LW5300 I got on black Friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)