Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
Hi guys,

Of those of you who are using voltage controlled LNBFs, which one do you use?

Please don't limit your answer to the Geosat or the BSC-621. If you use a different one, please tell me about it.

How much signal loss is there compared to a C-Rotor type LNBF?

Thanks,

Fred

i compared several a while back but never compared it with a corotor (ku side) although the signals i got from the c-band side were close. if you want to compare one i have haven't installed yet.

Hey George,

I would like to know how the Geosat pro compares to the BSC-621 first if anyone is using the Geosat.

Then I'd like a comparison vs the co-rotor.

Surely there are some people on the forum who have tried both and have switched from the co-rotor.

Thanks,
Fred

I just ordered the Geosat Pro C/Ku LNBF from Brian Gohl at SatelliteAV.

I am looking forward to getting it and trying it out.

BTW, I just posted in the FTA Shack about an un-advertised special that SatelliteAV is giving. Check it out here.

I use the Geosat, Cband only model, on my 7.5 Perfect 10. My old Chap. Feed with a Eagle Aspen 25 degree LNB outperformed it, not by a great degree, but by some. However, I like the voltage controlled polarity, I do not relish changing out servo motors, having to keep them in stock, etc. Only bad thing is my analog went to pot, I assume because it isn't skewed just right. :)

Only bad thing is my analog went to pot, I assume because it isn't skewed just right.
I am sure it will be a learning curve for me too.

I am going to try it anyway, and have the analog slaved to the DVB receiver for a change. :)

Iammike had good things to say about it, so I am looking forward to giving it a shot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts