whish it is better of this lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

omardjcu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
can some one tell me whish will be the best lnb for my 6 ft fortec star and my viewsat extreme 2000 : dmx 242, geosatpro c2, dmx 741
thank

Are you the guy in Montreal? I know rpssat has the C2 on sale it's a dual, I read good things about it, about the other two I don't see them on the rps site I know Vi tesse has the single DMS brand on there site.

kusat site seems messed up right now, not sure what they have.

These places are all in or around Montreal. I have used them all over the years but rps is more into the big dish stuff.

yes i am in montreal , and i have this lnb but a want to get others opinion because an no gering god signal with my 6 ft as i get with my 4ft off set and i think that the dmx 242 will be much better that the others

just an opinion:

can some one tell me whish will be the best lnb for my 6 ft fortec star ...
dmx 242, geosatpro c2, dmx 741
From reading the forum posts, I believe the DMX 741 and GeoSat Ck-1 are pretty close.
But, I'm not sure I'd expect great Ku performance on a 6' Fortec prime feed with either.
Since you listed the GeoSat C2 and DMX 242, I'll take it that Ku is not your main goal.
And to that end, we'll concentrate on C-band only.
I know the importer of the C2 has said it outperforms the Ck-1 for C-band on smaller dishes.
I haven't seen a proper shootout (maybe I missed it) between the C2 and 242, so I'd have to put my money on the GeoSat C2 dual output C-only LNBF.
But if the 242 were half price, available locally, or your buddy offered you one for free, I'd not hesitate to try that one, too. - :D

Of course, if anyone has contradictory data, that would certainly be welcome. - :cool:

I have found no C/Ku combos worth using except for temporary or emergency use. The SatelliteAV GeoSatPro C2 is the best performance/value C-band LNBF I have tested. The Invacom QPH-031 is the best performance/value Ku-band LNBF I've tested. You won't be disappointed with either. ;)

Last edited:
I also believe the C2 is the way to go.
My neighbor has one and he hasn't been disappointed either. I'm in Montreal as well.

By the way I would not recommend RPS SATELLITE in Quebec CANADA.
A few of my friends got scammed from them a while back when they sold them defected items.

I would strongly suggest to shop a bit further and get your money's worth.

I'm also thinking of getting a C2 in the near future.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)