White Springs TV on IA7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wahoospa

Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Charleston, SC
Hello. I have been searching for some answers on how to pick up IA7 so I can watch Whites Springs TV that I am interested in. I would like to know what LNB do I need (will one from a super dish work, or from DTV dish work)? What size dish do I need? What skew is necessary for Charleston, SC. Thanks.

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

You will need a Ku LNBF and at least a 30" dish for this channel. DirecTV or DishNetwork LNB's will not work for this channel/satellite.

Code:
                     Charleston, SC 29420
          Latitude 32° 55.986'N Longitude 80° 5.190'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m)   El  Skew
--------------------------------------------------------------

Intelsat Americas 7/Echostar 5  129.0W 244.6 252.1 25.6  49.3

Satellite Finder is (c) Copyright 2004, P. Lutus

Linear Ku, Invacom are GOLD sponsors here and make some of the BEST LNB's in the WORLD :_

I use the Invacom QPH-031, this will bring you both the Linear AND Circular signals up there!

If you are only after Linear signals I would recomend the Xtreme II lnb from dmsi. I am very pleased with the results of mine.

Does the dishnetwork super dish have a ku lin lnb along with two cir lnb's? I thought it did. If it does have one then can't that be used for IA7. That is if you allready have a superdish laying around.
rdel :)

IA 7 and White Springs

Ok, I now understand the type of dish, the type of LNB, aligning the dish, but in the receiver setup is the Ku LNB set to standard or Universal?

wahoospa said:
Ok, I now understand the type of dish, the type of LNB, aligning the dish, but in the receiver setup is the Ku LNB set to standard or Universal?
I recommend FortecStar Universal LNB with 0.4 low noise figure. Does excellent job and is cheap. For that one you will choose "Universal".
I switched recently to dual output KUL2 LNB from Sadoun. Works great two,
but for this one You will select "Standard" 10750

The standard/universal is dependant on the LNBF you buy. Some ku linear LNBF's are standard and some are universal. The difference is that the universal switches between two bands with 22khz tone.

Typical specifications are:

Universal LNBF
Low Band (22khz off) 10.7 - 11.7 Ghz
High Band (22khz on) 11.7 - 12.75 Ghz

Standard LNBF
11.7 - 12.2 Ghz

Please take note that you can not use a 22khz switch with a universal LNBF, as the 22khz tone is needed to switch between the LNBF low and high band.

Either a Ku linear Universal or Ku linear Standard LNBF will work to receive White Spings TV on IA7. A circular LNBF will not work.

I use a 1m dish with a 0.3db LNBF in Southern Ontario (Canada) and have a very strong signal. A 33" dish should give you a cvery strong signal and can probably get by with even a smaller dish, but it is nice to have the extra size to give you a stronger signal for bad weather days.

Last edited:
Anyone experince this on White Springs.I was watching a movie some old one with Andy Griffith in it and he was talking to some girl at a bar.but the weird part is I had 2 audios going at the same time they were talking in the movie but I could here some guy with a New York accent talking about Homosexuals and terrirosts that was just plain weird

Select Right audio channel (I think it is right), if not, select left. There are a couple of audio sub channels on the channel. If you have left and right selected, you will get both audios.

langauge 1 right audio is White Springs
langauge 1 left audio is something else
language 2 is something else :)

Thanks got it.

Now since I have G10R and IA-7 on the same dish anyone recommend another Sat I can add to this fixed dish.

Thanks

you could put a DBS LNB on the other side and get the free audio on Dish 119 along with NASA & Angel One :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)