WhiteSprings TV @129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think if a person has a dish pointed to G-10, you may as well slap another LNB on to get WS - heck for $10 or $20 for an LNB it is well worth it!

White springs PQ isn't great but so what. They do have some interesting stuff. I have enjoyed it also and the price was right. Just needed to slap a second LNBF on my G-10 dish :)

two LNBs: some examples

If anyone needs inspiration, here's a good discussion on putting two LNBs on one dish.
Lot of ideas were discussed , and a lot of new ideas tested.
123w and 129w on a 1m Primestar:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/97742-123w-129w-1-meter-primestar.html

After that project, Linuxman put two LNBs on another dish for two more birds.
He used what he'd learned in the first attempt, and got there a lot quicker.
87w and 97w on 84e Primestar:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/99108-87w-97w-primestar-84e-multi-lnbf.html

Both are very good reads.

Anole who ?

Yes... oh, Birdview King. :cool:

I'll just have to work harder to be noticed. :rolleyes:

:D

Though, now that you mention it, maybe I should make up some logos for my dishes.
Not a bad idea... glad I thought of it! :)

If anyone needs inspiration, here's a good discussion on putting two LNBs on one dish.
Lot of ideas were discussed , and a lot of new ideas tested.
123w and 129w on a 1m Primestar:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/97742-123w-129w-1-meter-primestar.html

After that project, Linuxman put two LNBs on another dish for two more birds.
He used what he'd learned in the first attempt, and got there a lot quicker.
87w and 97w on 84e Primestar:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/99108-87w-97w-primestar-84e-multi-lnbf.html

Both are very good reads.

Anole, its posts like these that keep me in good standing with the wife. When I said I ordered a 90" dish, first question was "is it legal" I said yes. Second statement was "Its going on the side on the house no one sees". Third was no more $$ into it until she sees the benefits ......

Since I got all G10 has to offer (which is quite a bit), besides Veteren Affairs and the Correctional channel (cant bring them in) I'm wanting more. Have another universal and circular lnb coming from ebay. Hoping to add the PBS station thats circular on 129 and maybe something with feeds on it with the linear. Went shopping at the local Princess Auto (for CDNs this place is the ultimate surplus place for everything) and found some interesting possibilities for brackets. Plan on adding the PBS circular on 129 and maybe try to catch the free channels on star choice with an old reciever at 107.3 (lots of movies on Access)

That being said, my Digiwave DG7000 doesn't have blind search and I've been trying to find some software that will do it with my PCI card ... any suggestions?

Haven't tried it, just remembered the link where I saw it too. Maybe someone else has.

I checked it when I got home and it works fine on circular. For those that do not have an AC-3 audio decoder this is another PBS option that uses standard audio.

Schlever - thanks, I think. ;)

The forum is full of great ideas.
I've spent a lot of time reading through it , and mining the gems.
Ya go back a couple of years, and there are more great stories about motorizing primestar dishes, and dual band C/Ku LNBs when they first arrived on the scene.
Plus a wealth of earlier ideas on mounting two or more LNBs on dishes.
It's all here.

For DVB PCI cards and USB boxes, see the appropriate forum, here.
There is no real satisfactory solution to blind scanning with a PCI card.
You might want to consider a cheap FTA box for that.
Not sure what's available in CA, but in the USA, IvyStonePlace sells the Traxis 3500 pretty cheap.
Early this summer, I got a Fortec Star Mercury II out of Canada for the same price, but that was a serious deal!

I don't know how reception is up there, but I got Whitesprings on a 22" dish (see my post earlier in this thread for a picture/link).
That thread also has an extensive discussion of home-made LNB brackets!
So, you might do some research on what you can get on the more readily available smaller dishes.

Anole, its posts like these that keep me in good standing with the wife.

Schlever - thanks, I think. ;)

The forum is full of great ideas.
I've spent a lot of time reading through it , and mining the gems.
Ya go back a couple of years, and there are more great stories about motorizing primestar dishes, and dual band C/Ku LNBs when they first arrived on the scene.
Plus a wealth of earlier ideas on mounting two or more LNBs on dishes.
It's all here.

For DVB PCI cards and USB boxes, see the appropriate forum, here.
There is no real satisfactory solution to blind scanning with a PCI card.
You might want to consider a cheap FTA box for that.
Not sure what's available in CA, but in the USA, IvyStonePlace sells the Traxis 3500 pretty cheap.
Early this summer, I got a Fortec Star Mercury II out of Canada for the same price, but that was a serious deal!

I don't know how reception is up there, but I got Whitesprings on a 22" dish (see my post earlier in this thread for a picture/link).
That thread also has an extensive discussion of home-made LNB brackets!
So, you might do some research on what you can get on the more readily available smaller dishes.

No much thanks from the bottom of the heart!

I checked it when I got home and it works fine on circular. For those that do not have an AC-3 audio decoder this is another PBS option that uses standard audio.

TRG are you still getting the PBS station? I tried aiming a circular, but no luck. Get Whitespring just fine, so I know I'm in the right area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)