WhiteSprings Tv Visionsat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ng54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Anyone watching WhiteSprings Tv on the Visionsat.

I get good signal quality 82pc, but the receiver wont find the
channel. Tried auto, blind, manual, and advanced scans. No luck!
Also tried these firmwares: 1.09, 1.18, 1.20, 1.40, 1.45.

I didn't have any trouble picking up the channel, BUT I had to add the satellite. G27 wasn't in my sat list. Version 1.20 firmware. Is Galaxy 27 in your Sat list ? Strange stuff, maybe.

:)

Brent

Thanks for the info Brent.

I did add the G27 to the sat list. Had the coax running thru
a Monster power conditioner that was affecting scans on G10.
So now, the coax is running directly to the receiver. I' ll take the receiver out to the dish and bypass the motor and switch, for the next check.

I had WSTV on a couple of days ago with a strong signal of 73%. Today I deleted it by mistake, now I can't raise more than a 15 on it.

UPDATE: What a surprise, it just scanned on with clear, sharp video and good audio with a signal strength bouncing between 18 and 26%. I don't think I have ever got a lock on anything that low.

Getting 59% on my Pansat 3500s with an Invacom QPH031 lnbf and a 1.2m Fortec dish. Don't usually pay attention to what the signal strengths are, unless someone is asking. But, I think mine is about normal....?

Got It!

Folks Thanks for your help. Went the full circle and was successful. Found out I was using the wrong PCR PID in the advanced scan menu. 4195 instead of 4197.

UPDATE: What a surprise, it just scanned on with clear, sharp video and good audio with a signal strength bouncing between 18 and 26%. I don't think I have ever got a lock on anything that low.

That's because of the FEC (Forward Error Correction) being ridiculously generous at 1/2. As I recall, I've never found anything else up there with that much error correction data :) Probably because they are actively promoting WSTV for viewers with smaller than commercial dishes (direct-to-home)...

Probably because they are actively promoting WSTV for viewers with smaller than commercial dishes (direct-to-home)...
I didn't know that, but I did read an Iceberg post last year about hot Ku linear signals, and got it great on a little Phase III dish.
Anole said:
Not sure how 61 signal and 59 quality ranks on the meter of the Satpros 500, but reception is fine.
Far better than is deserved by that station.
rolleyes.gif

Man, Whitesprings sure didn't spare any expense on bandwidth nor their movie library, did they?

That's because of the FEC (Forward Error Correction) being ridiculously generous at 1/2. As I recall, I've never found anything else up there with that much error correction data :) Probably because they are actively promoting WSTV for viewers with smaller than commercial dishes (direct-to-home)...

there are a couple C-band channels that are 1/2 (one of them being the radio channels on AMC3 C-band)

Wish more transponders would use 1/2 FEC, but I'm sure its a bandwidth hog. Certainly, there's no way that Equity would be able to use it on their full transponders. Might be necessary for more error correction once they go DVB-S2 though...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)