Who all are using combo C/KU LNBFs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So, may I add to the mix of questions?

I'd LOVE to use a 621 that I bought (but have not yet used) on my solid birdview dish. Have plenty of extra original Birdview scalar plates, but all the talk here is of focal lengths which on the BV is pre-determined by a hex mount....then there's the issue of getting one of the original plates adapted to accept the 621. Currently I'm using an original modified "high block" Birdview dual LNB to my 4d receiver.

Would I come up with a winner of a system? (feeding my 4d for subscriptions AND using the same dish for FTA?)

If anyone has thoughts on retrofitting an original plate, or wants to do it for reasonable bucks, I'm open to the idea!

Thanks, everyone!

I keep meaning to go out and tweak my BSC621-1 to get ku better. C band is great.

I'm not getting RTN though. Most of that programming has gone by the way. But recently I found an RTN station on one of the new digital OTA providers.

My aunt bought a new 40 inch LCD TV and wondered why the picture wasn't good on DirectTV. She's almost 80 years old. I had to explain not all channels are digital and that she would probably get better picture quality with a new OTA TV antenna and regular TV.
It seems very odd that the old techology is upgrading faster than lots of the newer technology, which certainly has to be confusing for those older farts! I was playing with old tv 50 years ago and just finished installing it again last week just so I can see the improved picture quality. Its truly amazing in digital!

I have a BSC 621-2 on my Birdview 8 1/2 foot sollid dish.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I get almost all Ku and a lot of C-band. I have had trouble in the past getting both, but now get them OK.

With the 621-2, since it's a universal lnb, I have to remember to set the receiver at 10600.

How did you mount the LNB? Did you adapt the original BV mount or have one made?
I'd love to attempt what you have achieved!

Its simple. You have to have the scalar plate reamed out to fit the new LNB. You can either take it off, and take it to a machine shop, bring the LNB, and have them machine it out, or you can DIY if you have a few tools, some members here have used a holesaw wrapped with emery cloth to open up the scalar plate to match the LNB. BE AWARE that the lnb mounting poles are ALUMINUM, and the NUTS are STEEL. Which means when you go to take the old scalar off, you will probably twist off the ends of the poles. I have replaced three of mine because of this issue. I suggest a long soak with PB Blaster before you even attempt to remove those nuts, and even then you will probably still break at least one.

My Birdview had a adaptor plate already installed when I got it, Someone back in the day made a kit to change the BV to a regular Co-Rotor type LNB assembly. I have since gone back to original scalar, and have picke dup a few quality points with just that, but it may be an anomaly.

Do a search here keyword 'birdview' and you will find more info than you could ever want on these wonderful dishes. A lot of us here have them. :up

Last edited:
Because of tight location, I put off getting back into C-band. But have just bought the Fortec Star 180 (6').
I am looking at LNBFs (like the BSC621).Who is using the combo C/KU LNBF's? for the KU side does it come in as well as normal 36" dish with Linear LNB?
I heard some say that the KU side does not work as well and can be picky. On a weak station like RTV on 83W, would it come in as well - worse or about the same?

Thanks for any input. :up
I have the same 6' you have. I tired all the other ways to get both Ku and C band and finally decided on BSC621 it works great. :)

i bought the 6 ft motorized package from sadoun and it came with the
GeoSat C/KU Band LNBF.

it picks up very well for the most part,especially from 91 to 133.
i dont get RTN off of 83 and 87 is pretty week except on the thistv transponder,but that is more because of my location than the lnb.
i have a lot of trees and mountains all around me and to the east is just forest.
i suspect if i had a clear eastern view then all the eastern sats would also come in pretty good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)