Who can honor a promise made to me by a rep

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boogcotten

Jun 28, 2010
Missouri
Wish I would have read this 3 days ago. I am in the middle of a dispute with DIRECTV and they are down right rude about it. I was told that i had 30 days to cancel my service if i was unsatisfied with it. I was having a multitude of issues and was being led in circles never finding out the aswers or having my problems resolved, so I canceled about 26 days into my contract. Now I am being hit with a $460 ETF, because I was given the wrong information. I had no reason to belive the CSR was lying and I should not have to call back in to double check the information. I wish someone in this company had the courage to actually listen to everything I have to say and make this issue right.

Boog do you know which number you called to order ...

I hear some retailers are giving a 30 day deal but you have to cancel though them . as it indepent of our cancelation procedure.

Boog do you know which number you called to order ...

I hear some retailers are giving a 30 day deal but you have to cancel though them . as it indepent of our cancelation procedure.

I ordered through Best Buy, but they didn't really even do anything. When I was told I had 30 days it was when I was calling in to try to get some of my problems fixed, the rep told me I had 30 days to cancel if I wasn't satisfied. i waited it out and then decided to cancel within my 30 days. After I canceled I was told I would be responsible for paying $460. I have called and been hung up on and e-mailed to no avail.

P.s I am not a combative person, and the supervisor who hung up on me didn't have a reason to IMO. I wasn't yelling or cursing at her, she was just tried of talking at me. And I stress talking at me cause she sure wasn't listening to me.

Not so much as a promise, but I was told that I had 30 days to cancel if my service was unsatisfactory. My service was not only unsatisfactory I could not get what I was told I could. So I canceled within the window I was given only to find out after I canceled and had the dish removed that I would be charged $460. What can I do?

Not so much as a promise, but I was told that I had 30 days to cancel if my service was unsatisfactory. My service was not only unsatisfactory I could not get what I was told I could. So I canceled within the window I was given only to find out after I canceled and had the dish removed that I would be charged $460. What can I do?

Stone Cold Calling SC :)

He already answered him in another thread.

I guess he didn't like his answer and doesn't know who SC is.:)

Pretty good question!
Every state has some control of sales. Credit Card companies can and do retract payments for many reasons. Directv is in every state but fights paying sales tax in all states.

Then there is the term..."if not satisfied"...what the hell is that?

A judge would look at state law.
Credit Card companies would just pull the money.
Directv has acted responsibly by installing the system per contract; they have expended funds to install the rig and operate the sat system...why should they not be paid?
Why should this customer pay for something that is unsatisfactory?....In what way is it not satisfactory?...Could the unsatisfactoriness be fixed?...How?

When I complete an installation I turn SW, conduct a hand salute while at rigid attention and let STONECOLD know all is well. Now we need Him!

STONECOLD... yo,man,...wher you be when da boy be needin yo...yo? Bling be no biggie..get dis one goin!

ICEMAN..........launch the STONEMAN signal!
Joe

He already answered him in another thread.

I guess he didn't like his answer and doesn't know who SC is.:)

I replied to that response, I signed up through Best Buy, however, Best Buy didn't supply me with this info a DIRECTV rep did while trying to work through the issues I had. She told me I had 30 days to cancel, did not know that I had to call back in and verify if this info was correct. A 30 day period is pretty standard, so I had no reason to think the rep misinformed me.

I wondering what issues the OP had and if that has anything to do with Direct's current stance.

Long story short.

I was told that all my local channels would be available to me. Not only are two of them missing, but another one is virtually unwatchable due to the screen pixalating (sp)

I was promised that I could get east and west coast channels and I quote "no charge, no problem" One lady "submitted a form" to see if I could get the east and west coast channelssaid "the process could take up to 40 days, but could be sooner. You have 30 days to cancel if you don't get a response by the 29th day I would cancel" So I did what I was told and waited. On the 27th day I called to see if I had been approved for the east and/or west coast locals. I had not, so i decided to cancel. They went through the whole customer retention speech, but I was really needing my local channels and wanted to go with Dish which had ALL of the local channels. I canceled and then was informed of $460 ETF. I was outraged and have now spent 3 days trying to right this issue to no avail.

Any suggestions?

This is an issue where I wish it was one of my agents so I could slap them on the head.

DTV policy is that there is no 30 days window.

Some states have a 14 day window but that is from time of order not installation. If you called 18005315000 and they said 30 days what I would do would be to email CEO@directv.com ( guys note that Ellen's email now goes to the same group as too many people emailed her ) nad give the day you call and wer told this so they can pull the phone call. and let them see what they can do.

This is an issue where I wish it was one of my agents so I could slap them on the head.

Some states have a 14 day window but that is from time of order not installation. If you called 18005315000 and they said 30 days what I would do would be to email CEO@directv.com ( guys note that Ellen's email now goes to the same group as too many people emailed her ) nad give the day you call and wer told this so they can pull the phone call. and let them see what they can do.

THANKS!!!!

I will try this one as the e-mail address they give on the website is worse that actually calling in. Will keep you posted on how it plays out.

Sorry, that e-mail address in giving me a failure to send error. Are you sure it is the correct address?

Sorry, that e-mail address in giving me a failure to send error. Are you sure it is the correct address?

Well it use ot work . ellen fillapack email ( vp of customer care ) her email should still work and goes directly to the office of the president. if someone who has it would post this for him it would be great otherwise i fine another email address for you

Edit:

We now have a contact form for OOP ( office of the president )

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/globa...onent/cmpt_v.jsp&_requestid=4149265#h:579.924

stonecold said:

I don't understand the part where "Some states have a 14 day window but that is from time of order not installation."

You can cancel your order anytime up to the point that you sign your papers after the install is done in any state. 14 days or not. At least that is the way I understood it.

I don't understand the part where "Some states have a 14 day window but that is from time of order not installation."

You can cancel your order anytime up to the point that you sign your papers after the install is done in any state. 14 days or not. At least that is the way I understood it.

Yes, but if the installation was done within the first 7 days, for example, you would have another 7 days to cancel after activation (total 14 days from the order date). In the states that allow it, anyway.

you have 14 days.

If you order on the 1st and get installed on the 3rd , you still have 12 days to cancel after you signed the papers.

Anyone can cancel the order before install. The 14 day rule is just following the letter of state law.

you have 14 days.

If you order on the 1st and get installed on the 3rd , you still have 12 days to cancel after you signed the papers.

Anyone can cancel the order before install. The 14 day rule is just following the letter of state law.

So if it takes 2 weeks to get installed, your just out of luck ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts