Who did your VOOM installation?

1. Satellite Technology
2. 3/30/04
4. UNK
5. MD, VA
6. Newport News, VA
7. 7
8. Did a good overall job, was neat, and clean install. However, the installer was slow and didn't speak English to well. I believe this was his first install.
9. Never had them return for serivce call because I requested another company.

1. Synergy Communications Partners, Inc.
2. 11 July & 12 July 2004.
3. (602) 442-0332.
4. Phoenix, AZ.
5. Gilbert, AZ.
6. None.
7. Installer = 7 Quality = 7. When cutting the coax, he just let the small bits fly and never bothered to clean up.
8. Positive is that the install only took about 1.5 hours, mainly since I pulled the cable through walls and through attic to avoid extra charge. Negative is that when I asked about grounding the antenna's he gave me the impression that he had been caught and that he was not going to do it originally. He then stated that he did not have enough grounding wire and would have to come back next day to complete the ground. Positive is that he did come back the next day, when he said that he would and installed the wire. Negative is that Install Inc email stated that since I had a multi receiver install, I would have to supply a multi-switch. Called installer to ask what they recommended, and on their recommendation I went out and purchased one. Installer arrived and stated that he had brought a multi-switch with him. Now I have to try to return the one that I bought.
9. Probably would use again, maybe, but not quite sure.

jbcaro

1. Digital Direct
2. 6/9/04
3. 888-236-1528
4. Cleveland, TX
5. Austin, TX
6. www.proinstalling.com
7. 8
8. Positive: Very nice guy, brought the big ladder like I requested, worked in the rain to get me installed, didn't hit me up for any extra fees!
Negative: Didn't have a compass and wasn't sure where the bird was, didn't know that the Winegard OTA needed power (I asked if I could get two lines instead of the diplexor - we both should've known better)
9. Yes, It was a good experience overall. He showed up on time, got the job done and didn't gouge me with any extra fees.

1. TriTech Installers
2. July 6, 2004
3. Main office phone 989-892-4212
4. City is unknown, Michigan - I think they are SE Michigan - tri county.
5. Ann Arbor, Mi.
6. No web site.
7. 7
8. Positive - Friendly, competent. Installed dish on pole at my request, but charged $65. Did not have to run any cable, as I already had run RG6 to back deck. Told him to keep the Wineguard monstrosity, I already have a working attic antenna. He kept the Wineguard; that'll probably bite me if I ever cancel since I can't return it. He activated the STB quickly and it's been working very well.
9. Would you use this installer again? YES
BTW - he said he was doing 30 INSTALLS PER WEEK!

1.Installs, Inc.
2. 4/27/04
3. 800-344-4856 (no address)
4. Installed in Huntington Beach, CA
5. Rating 10
6. Excellent install; very knowledgeable about VOOM and satellites in general.
7. Yes, I would use them again.
8. Installer name : Jason Trask

1. Metro Tech Solutions
2. Feb. 2004
3. (972) 723-2808
4. Midlothian, TX (Serving Dallas/Ft. Worth)
5. Installation in Arlington, TX
6. Web site of the company ???
7. 10 Stars - Excellent :up
8. Fast, friendly and competent service.
9. Yes... Would use them again.

1. Telecom Service Support
2. 1st - 7/19/04, 2nd - 7/20/04, 3rd - TBD
3. (518) 858-9903
4. Loudonville, NY
5. Brunswick, NY
6. N/A
7. 5
8. Pos- Main number is his cell phone, so direct coorespondance. Neg- Kept assuming I know nothing, and kept having to come back and do what I originally suggested. (Could be milking Installs Inc.). Used leftover parts from other installs first - causing most of the headache.
9. No.

1. Adant Wireless
2. July 2004
3. 847-336-5478
4. Gurnee, Il.
5. Fond du Lac, WI (halfway between milwaukee and green bay)
6. No web site. adantsat@aol.com
7. 9 the first time, 0 the second
8. Initial installer knowledgable, did things as i requested when possible. Wrong antenna for my area put up however. Second visit to upgrade antenna botched once when they sent installer with same antenna i already had. Second installer refused to install preamp properly or remove diplexor and didnt seem to understand the concept of how to orient antenna for use with a rotor. Did not assemble antenna properly, leaving a piece off that he said wasn't necessary but manufacturer says is critical to its stablility. Apparently doesnt like to read directions. Now have barely adequate OTA reception, but only obtained after i removed diplexor, ran seperate coax for antenna (installer did provide some extra cable) and installed preamp properly. Still think i have wrong antenna for my area (by antennaweb and manufacturer recs/specs), but i think installs inc made decision on which type to put up, not adant. not sure if i will try for another.
9. Would have first installer back, not second.

p.s. jjken...dont think they'll want that winegard back if you cancel. they left the old one here when they upgraded mine.

1. Independant Contractor - Terry
2. 7/17/2004
3. N/A
4. Long Beach, CA
5. Long Beach, CA
6. N/A
7. 10 - excellent knowledge and professional
8. Came on time. Provided excellent service and have incredible signal strength for VOOM and OTA channels.
9. Yes

I'll second Metro-Tech of Dallas

Metro-Tech did my installation here in Dallas. There were 2 decently knowledgeable guys. Install was fast & i picked up all locals except 2. There was a problem with the pole location, so they came out today evening(i called them at 2pm) & moved it. Also, added an inline amplifier for OTA & i can now pick up every OTA channel(atleast ones that matter to me).

Thanks to everyone who responded so far. Please continue posting your installer evaluations. Use the following format:

1. The name of the company that did your VOOM installation.
2. Date (or month) of the installation.
3. Main office phone number (do not post personal numbers of the installers).
4. City and state where the company is based.
5. City and state where the installation was done (if you are willing to share).
6. Web site of the company (if you know).
7. Rate the installer and the quality of the work on a 1-10 scale (10 being Excellent).
8. Provide brief comments (positive and negative).
9. Would you use this installer again? (Yes/No)

OFFICIAL RE-INSTALL approved from VOOM

Thanks to everyone who responded so far. Please continue posting your installer evaluations. Use the following format:

1. The name of the company that did your VOOM installation.
2. Date (or month) of the installation.
3. Main office phone number (do not post personal numbers of the installers).
4. City and state where the company is based.
5. City and state where the installation was done (if you are willing to share).
6. Web site of the company (if you know).
7. Rate the installer and the quality of the work on a 1-10 scale (10 being Excellent).
8. Provide brief comments (positive and negative).
9. Would you use this installer again? (Yes/No)

OFFICIAL RE-INSTALL approved from VOOM

1. ADVANCED SATELLITE TECHNOLOGIES
2. REINSTALL DATE TO FINISH ORIGINAL FIASCO. 7-23-04
3. 877-603-5155
4. Austin,TX
5. san antonio, TX
6. website unknown Email john at AST
7. installer : every installer from this co. a 10 , used them a few times
8. VOOM and INSTALLS is making the installers jobs harder with the damn combing ot OTA and SAt cables. dont get me started on appointments scheduling, OMG they have growing pains
9. Would you use this installer again? yes definetly, :)

1. Company: American Wireless Communications
2. 07\04
3. Phone Number: (916) 369-7722
4. Sacramento, Ca.
5. Truckee, Ca.
6. No web site
7. Installer 6 Quality 7
8. Installer wasn't very positive and slow starting didn't know where to install dish
9. If I had to, would rather do it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts