Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
As proposed by RogueKnight, let's compile a list of local installers who are subcontracted by Installs, Inc. to do VOOM installations.

Please post the following information:

1. The name of the company that did your VOOM installation.
2. Date (or month) of the installation.
3. Main office phone number (do not post personal numbers of the installers).
4. City and state where the company is based.
5. City and state where the installation was done (if you are willing to share).
6. Web site of the company (if you know).
7. Rate the installer and the quality of the work on a 1-10 scale (10 being Excellent).
8. Provide brief comments (positive and negative).
9. Would you use this installer again? (Yes/No)​
Once we have enough replies we will put together an alphabetical list of VOOM installers.

Let's keep responses brief! If you want to post the details of your installation experience please post them in the Installation thread.

Thank you!

P.S. I am starting this thread in the main VOOM forum, but we can later move it to the "VOOM in your area".

1. Adant Wireless
2. June 2004
3. 847-336-5478
4. Gurnee, Il.
5. Chicago, Il.
6. No web site.
7. 9
8. Very neat install. The STB was in a sealed box with all cables. He installed the
system exactly as I requested. My existing Radio Shack antenna was used without
a diplexer.
9. Yes

1. Digital Entertainment Plus
2. 06-04
3. 888-347-4854
4. 10176 Hwy 72, Rogersville AL 35652
5. Boaz, Alabama (75 miles away)
6. http://dishnet.tv/
7. 7
8. Neat job, done a few things I ask, Very slow was here for 4 hours, Didn't leave me any paperwork whatsoever. Used the OTA I had up but didn't leave me the one that came with my install. Only thing I have to show he was here is the system it's self.
9. No

1. DishConnect.
2. Feb 2004.
3. 888-654-3474
4. I think the scheduling center was in OREGON.
5. Have 2 homes. Both done same comp: The Bay Area, CA and Littleton, CO
6. www.dishconnect.com
7. In both cities, 10's).
8. In CO, two guys came out and did a great job, all worked perfect. In CA, 1 guy came out and was really professional, really knew what he was doing.
9. Would you use this installer again? Yes, I actually did!

DishConnect did an outstanding job from the first contact and explained everything very well and the techs were obviously well trained and professional.

1. Campbell Contracting Services
2. june 18 2004
3. 210-364-5851
4. Canyon Lake Texas (san antonio area)
5. San antonio Texas.
6. no website or email known or listed on biz card.
7. Installer Will. rank of 3, (1-10).
8. didnt evan know how to use a pair of crimpers.couldnt get any local chanels(till he left)Lazy, complained about how much he was getting paid.he had a good teenage helper(hopefully he wont learn the bad things from his step-brotheroh and my installer was co's owner step-son, (I recommend never doing Biz. with family.
9. no i would not let this company again.

my voom setup
free wifi in san antonio

MR.C

1. prostar digital 2. 05/29/04 3. not real sure. 4. westerville, ohio 5. newark,ohio 6.http://www.prostardigital.com 7. installer did a good job on the satellite install, but forget about the ota install(worthless) 8.they know nothing about ota at all, i have had them here 3 times already, and there attitude is be thankful with what you are getting thru an a/b switch which i had to hookup myself to get any local channels at all, was even approved for a bigger antenna upgrade and never did see it yet? 9. heck no i would not recommend them for another install, i even told voom not to send them here again and sure enough they showed up again and didnt even call the last time and tell me they were on there way!!!

1. DishConnect
2. 5/21/04
3. :confused:
4. :confused:
5. Santa Rosa, CA
6. www.dishconnect.com
7. 10 - Great job! :up
8. Positive: Thorough. VERY neat install. Peaked dish really well. Showed up on time and did it right the 1st time.
Negative: Charged me for "extra labor". "Free install" NOT!! Did not install OTA antenna on my request (only 2 OTA channels here, but not worth getting) but I still paid almost $400 for the "free install" including purchase of a wireless phone jack and surge protector. I am not happy about paying $400 for a supposedly "free install" but strictly speaking everything was as quoted and as promised, so I didn't (couldn't) complain. (except on this forum! :shh ) And getting VOOM has been worth it anyway.
9. Yes

01. Don-Lor's Electronics
02. June 2004
03. (248) 477-6402
04. Livonia, MI
05. Royal Oak, MI
06. www.don-lors.com
07. 7 (although I have no basis for comparison)
08. everything works except 1 OTA station, still waiting for upgrade (came
for one upgrade appt. with same ant I already have) Their first instinct
seems to be to try to convince me that I cannot receive this station
( I can ) . At least they're on time for appts, and are friendly and professional.
09. Yes, I'd use them again.

1. Marshman M. F. Services
2. June 8th, 2004
3. Personal Number Only
4. Canonsburg, PA
5. Wheeling, WV (35 miles from installer)
6. None
7. 10
8. Very knowledgable in both satellite and OTA Antennas, very willing to install the way you want it (within reason of course).
9. Yes, I now refuse to deal with anyone else.

1. High-Tech Satellite
2. 4-22-04.
3. 954-491-3474.
4. Oakland Park, FL.
5. Surfside,FL.
6. Web site of the company -UNK.
7. 9.
8. Ran two cables as I requested. Showed up on time for 1st appointment. Didn't know much about STB.
9. Would you use this installer again? Yes

1. Alexxis Communication, Inc.
2. 1/2/2004
3. 303-576-9314
4. Guessing Denver, since phone number has 303 prefix.
5. Centennial, Colorado.
6. Do not know.
7. 9.
8. Good knowledge, did extra work for no charge, everything works great.
9. Yes​

1. Gal in a beat up white Chevy Astro van She would not identify the company she worked for but did say I should apply for a job as an installer.
2. 3-23-04
3. no phone number was given but Installs Inc.
4. Greenfield Indiana is where she said she lived
5. Carmel Indiana
6. none
7. No ladder, van was a total mess with nothing but junk in the back, installer knew Nothing about Voom and I did the install, she called in and activated the box.I trained her as much as I could and sent her on her way.
8.NO!

1. Monitor Satellite
2. 6/09/04
3. 480 969-2615
4. Mesa, AZ
5. Chandler, AZ
6. doesn't seem to have one
7. 8
8. NEG - not too good at returning phone calls, and didn't seem to have any communication with VOOM on anything.
POS - The installer was very professional, thorough, and complete. He even helped me out with some other stuff not related to Voom at n/c.
9. Yes

I got mine through this Brandsmart deal...

1. Brandsmart
2. May 2004
3. N/A
4. Davie/Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5. "
6. brandsmart.com
7. Rate the installer : 3
8. The installer that came out was a drunken crack baby.
9. Would you use this installer again? No.

Has anyone had Voom installed here in the Knoxville,Tn area? Will be switching to VOOM as soon as my Dish contract up this fall. Would really like to know how the install went.

citico said:
Has anyone had Voom installed here in the Knoxville,Tn area? Will be switching to VOOM as soon as my Dish contract up this fall. Would really like to know how the install went.
citico, please check the VOOM "In Your Area" Forum. I think it has a couple of Tennessee threads. If no one from your area posted yet, please start a new thread in that forum with the city and state in the title. Hopefully someone will notice and reply. Good luck!

Ilya said:
As proposed by RogueKnight, let's compile a list of local installers who are subcontracted by Installs, Inc. to do VOOM installations.

1. Cascade Satellite.
2. 3/13/2004
3. Don't know.
4. Portland, OR
5. Woodburn, OR
6. None.
7. 10.
8. Negative: First Voom install. Positive: Very professional, had installed many E* & D* systems and was able to find his way around the stb very quickly.
9. YES.

1. Adant Wireless
2. May 2004
3. 847-336-5478
4. Gurnee, Il.
5. Chicago, Il.
6. No web site.
7. 9
8. PROS:Very neat install. The STB was in a sealed box with all cables. Worked with me when one of the wall cables preinstalled in my house did not work
CONS: Did not ground the system.
9. Yes

1. Datalink Installations
2. 3/22/04
3. 888-316-4679
4. Annapolis, Maryland
5. Bristow, Virginia
6. UNK
7. 8
8. Good job overall. Neat and clean install. Only one of two techs were good.
9. I have used this installer a couple of times...would only use the initial installation technician.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)