Who Do we need to Contact to get MLBEI Back on Dish

chrisd_az

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
Chickasha, OK
There's gotta be someone in congress or at Dish we could contact to demand it on Dish. A fan like me wants to pay for it I should have that right!!! Plus MLB TV launches in Jan so I bet thats another 1 we misss out on. Now I love Dish had Direct an hate there hardware so I will not switch just for the MLBEI...

E* had the chance to get MLBEI but thought the price was too high. So they passed on it.
Here is the link to that thread.

It is not a "right". It is an exclusive to DIRECTV for some more years.

Congress is not likely to do legislation to change the situation. DiSH Network is not likely to pay what it would cost to get the package back.

MLB.TV

Congressional time was already wasted on this issue. It's a competitive issue. I was one of the ones who wanted EI on Dish... when Charlie wouldn't pony up I used my dollars to speak. I dropped my Dish sub down and went with DirecTv. The DTV hardware isn't the top of the heap but it does the recording and plays the programming so it works for me

Plus the home and away EI feeds ruled.

MLB EI isn't exclusive to D*. It initially looked like it was going to be that way but Congress did get involved and pressured MLB to make a deal with InDemand which is co owned by TWC, Comcast and Cox cable companies. So those cable companies have MLB EI as well. They just don't have some of the more advanced features like boat loads of MLB EI HD games, The strikezone channel and other interactive features that D* has.

MLB EI isn't exclusive to D*. It initially looked like it was going to be that way but Congress did get involved and pressured MLB to make a deal with InDemand which is co owned by TWC, Comcast and Cox cable companies. So those cable companies have MLB EI as well.
Dish was offered the chance to match the offer. Charlie said no. I am another longtime E* sub (since 1996!) who decided that E* wasn't serving my needs and switched to D* a year ago September. If more E* subs decide to vote with their wallets, then there may be a change. You shouldn't count on Congress -- it's not their place, anyway -- to change the circumstances.

Dish was offered the chance to match the offer. Charlie said no. I am another longtime E* sub (since 1996!) who decided that E* wasn't serving my needs and switched to D* a year ago September. If more E* subs decide to vote with their wallets, then there may be a change. You shouldn't count on Congress -- it's not their place, anyway -- to change the circumstances.

I'm not addressing anything related to E*. I'm refuting the previous post that stated the MLB on D* was exclusive because it isn't

As I recall Charlie's reply to that question on his Chat, this was his response: "They did not actually make the same offer to us that they did to our competitors. Accordingly, we did refuse the offer they made."

Apparently Some are speaking with their wallets. I Read on "The Bridge" that Dish expects a 30,000 net subscriber loss in Q3 2008.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)