Who do you consider the greatest quarterback of all-time?

When he was an All-American at Indiana, they played Colorado his senior year. When Buffalo ball is played, bodies are carried off the field, it might be the other team it might be Colorado players. It is not a game for girls. Jeff pulled himself from the second half.:D

typical jeff. great arm though. it was just on the wrong body :D

Elway lost too many games because of his risk taking. Yes, he was spectacular and could take a team on his back and lead them to victory, but his gunslinger gambling was too high risk for good teams. I would take Montana any day to do whatever he needed to do to make sure his team won. Leadership, making good decisions and not turning the ball over is the main job of the quarterback.

Elway lost too many games because of his risk taking. Yes, he was spectacular and could take a team on his back and lead them to victory, but his gunslinger gambling was too high risk for good teams. I would take Montana any day to do whatever he needed to do to make sure his team won. Leadership, making good decisions and not turning the ball over is the main job of the quarterback.

i would've taken either one right now. that gunslinger gambler title really belongs to FAVRE. The king of interceptions ........

I know many think Elway has that gunslinger mentality, but his interception ratio was only 1/100 of a percent higher than Montana's.:D

1. Terry Bradshaw - 4 Superbowl wins
2. Joe Montana - 4 Superbowl wins
3. Dan Marino - Almost all of the records

Dan Marino is the perfect example how one player is not enough to win a superbowl when you don't have defense and a running game. the dolphins made it to the 85 superbowl purely on his arm and lost it when they 49ers took out the wr's. couldn't run couldn't stop the 49er offense. we finally get a defense after this guy retires WTF??? and we still need a qb

1. Terry Bradshaw - 4 Superbowl wins
2. Joe Montana - 4 Superbowl wins
3. Dan Marino - Almost all of the records
How could Bradshaw beat out Montana? I think the Pittsburgh defense had more to do with their 4 wins in the 70s than the 49ers offense (lead by Joe Montana) had to do with their 4 wins in the 80s. I'm not saying that Bradshaw was bad or that anyone could have been QB with them and won all those titles, but I think that the #1 QB should be assigned to a true offensive leader.

How could Bradshaw beat out Montana? I think the Pittsburgh defense had more to do with their 4 wins in the 70s than the 49ers offense (lead by Joe Montana) had to do with their 4 wins in the 80s.

San Fran didn't exactly have great defense themselves.

They did it mainly with Montana (he wan two of them with wide recievers that aren't exactly up there with Jerry Rice)

For me it is Joe the cool and Steve Young

Why because they won 5 superbowls for the niners and I get to live in the past.

The 2008 niner team is a big fat joke.

Last edited:
When he was an All-American at Indiana, they played Colorado his senior year. When Buffalo ball is played, bodies are carried off the field, it might be the other team it might be Colorado players. It is not a game for girls. Jeff pulled himself from the second half.:D

He didn't play @ Indiana, he played 1 year @ Purdue, then transferred to Illinois.

Well I didn't want to go there.. but yeah when I saw that post the first thing I looked at was the location of the poster, which I've noticed has now changed for some reason.

I think Bubby Brister could've QBed the Steelers during their era of dominance when they won 4 Super Bowls and they would've had the same outcome that Bradshaw had.

There's no answer to that. I did see Johnny U and Joe Willy and crazy men like Joe Kapp and Bobby Douglas. Fouts was great but he was in a system. Before them was Van Brocklin and Bob Waterfield on the same team. my 5 -- George Blanda, Don Merideth, Johny Unitus, Joe Willie, the Snake.:D

That is the biggest excuse people give, thats rediculous, they ALL are in a system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts