Who do you consider to be your teams BIGGEST rival

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'd say that as a Chiefs fan too, but both the Chiefs and Raiders have lacked success for a bit, Broncos came across as arrogant and holier than thou as legit contenders of the weak division and with Shanahan on the sideline, I expect the Chiefs and Raiders to be the bigger rivalry going forward in the absence of the rat.

3 teams in the division changing coaches/identities, it'll be back to basics in no time (ie Chiefs and Raiders).

Our teams need to stop sucking so we can get some nice prime time action against each other.

The Raiders and Chiefs have been longer rivals due to their days in the AFL, but the Raiders and Broncos have been more heated because Shana-a$$ being a former Raider and those heated battle when Mr. Ed was the QB in Denver.

But I could not agree more with the undelined statement!:up

In it's prime, IMO, this was one the most underrated rivalries of all time.

I remember watching Hoyas-Orange games from the Carrier Dome with 30,000+ people in attendance. One year, the fans were throwing oranges at the back of the backboard when the Hoyas were shooting free throws.

Another time, John Thompson and Jim Boeheim had to be separated at halfcourt! :eek:

St. John's and Villanova were also involved in this round robin rivalry in the '80's. BUT, nothing was as intense as Georgetown-Syracuse! :up

It was...especially when you had players like Ewing, Mutombo, Pearl, Seikly, Coleman, Addison....those were GREAT games and the Golden Age of the Big East. Boston College had a very underrated rivalry with the 'Cuse.

My first game EVER to a college basketball game was against Boston College. I don't know how old you are, but this is a classic by my favorite ALL TIME college player....his name, Dwayne "Pearl" Washington!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JoCI7KjjpM]YouTube - Classic SU Hoops[/ame]

It was...especially when you had players like Ewing, Mutombo, Pearl, Seikly, Coleman, Addison....those were GREAT games and the Golden Age of the Big East. Boston College had a very underrated rivalry with the 'Cuse.

My first game EVER to a college basketball game was against Boston College. I don't know how old you are, but this is a classic by my favorite ALL TIME college player....his name, Dwayne "Pearl" Washington!

YouTube - Classic SU Hoops

OMG, I remember watching the game that Pearl hit the halfcourt shot!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, it was a Saturday night, and the game was televised on USA Network.

I remember when the Big East was in it's infancy, and the 'Cuse had the "Louie and Bowie" show (Louie Orr and Roosevelt Bowie).

One year in the early 80's, they held the Big East Tourney at the Carrier Dome. Syracuse and Villanova played in the championship game, and it was one of the GREATEST college basketball games I've ever seen!!!

The game went into triple OT with the Orangemen winning. That was THE game that got me forever hooked on Big East basketball!! :up:up

Steelers

Browns
Bengals
Ravens

Penguins

Flyers
Rangers

Pitt Football/Basketball

West Virgina

Pirates

No one, they can't beat anyone, so there is no rival.:(:mad:
It use to be the Phillies and Mets, but they are in a diffrent division now, but now the only team in the division I hate are the Cubs, but I don't consider them a rival, maybe if they would actually win then I would say them.

Last edited:
Browns-
1. Steelers: The Browns will always despise all things black and gold.
2. Ravens: They stole our team. What else needs to be said?
3. Bengals: Interstate Rivalry. Ex Browns head Coach Paul Brown defected to Cincy after being fired by Art Modell to create this franchise.

Buffalo Bills -

1. Patriots - We hate all of New England!!!
2. Fish Heads from Miami
3. NY Stinking Jets

Buffalo Sabres -

1. Toronto Maple Leafs (Going to the Game Tonight)
2. Montreal Canadians
3. NY Rangers (For Stealing Drury)
4. Philadelphia Flyers (For Ruining my teenage days in the 70's)

New York Yankees -

1. Hate everything about Boston!!!
2. Toronto Blue Jays - Actually they are my Team except when playing the the Yanks:D

OMG, I remember watching the game that Pearl hit the halfcourt shot!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, it was a Saturday night, and the game was televised on USA Network.

I remember when the Big East was in it's infancy, and the 'Cuse had the "Louie and Bowie" show (Louie Orr and Roosevelt Bowie).

One year in the early 80's, they held the Big East Tourney at the Carrier Dome. Syracuse and Villanova played in the championship game, and it was one of the GREATEST college basketball games I've ever seen!!!

The game went into triple OT with the Orangemen winning. That was THE game that got me forever hooked on Big East basketball!! :up:up

EXACTLY!! After that shot, I was hooked also!!! Remember, St. John's had Chris Mullin, Walter Berry, Mark Jackson....

...ahh...those were the days!;):up

EXACTLY!! After that shot, I was hooked also!!! Remember, St. John's had Chris Mullin, Walter Berry, Mark Jackson....

...ahh...those were the days!;):up

Yup, and the Johnnies also had Bill Wennington (the big center for Canada). :up

The Raiders and Chiefs have been longer rivals due to their days in the AFL...
Remember those games long ago when Len Dawson and the Chiefs would have Daryl Lamonica and the Raiders on the ropes, only to have old George Blanda come in and save the day? Those were fun days to watch pro football. (Showing my age... :)).

Remember those games long ago when Len Dawson and the Chiefs would have Daryl Lamonica and the Raiders on the ropes, only to have old George Blanda come in and save the day? Those were fun days to watch pro football.

It's been that long since the Raiders were good?

Dallas- This an easy one,it's Washington. When both teams are good its easily the biggest rivalry in the NFL

Kentucky Basketball and Football- Now it's Louisville but I still consider Tennessee my biggest rival. I still get more pleasure out seeing UK beat them than anyone else. But they haven't beaten UT, in football, in a lifteme for a lot people(1984).

Cincinnati Reds-Since they have been so bad in recent years I don't know if they really have one. Some in that area consider the Cards and Cubs their rivals now. When I was younger it was the Dodgers. I hated them. They had some great races in the old NL West Division in the 70's. When they split the divisions in the 90's that rivalry died.

You know I dont know if in todays age "Rivals" exist, so many teams so many players being friendly with each other (From a pro persepctive)

If I had to pick for my local teams:

Tigers: Indians, White Sox

Wings: Chicago, Toronto

Lions: Um, Next question...But in the days of 9-7 and 8-8 years I would say bears and packers

Pistons: Cavs, Celtics..a few years ago Pacers/Pistons was a nice rival...

U of M: Ohio State

Last edited:
Growing up in Georgia, I consider those my home teams, so I'll list them:

Ga Tech Yellow Jackets
- Georgia Bulldogs & Auburn Tigers (from back in the old SEC & independent days)

Georgia Bulldogs - Ga Tech Yellow Jackets (historically) & Florida Gators (more recently)

Atlanta Braves - LA Dodgers for many years, but since the realignment and addition of wildcards (pretty much killing off the old pennant races), there doesn't seem to be any real rivalries in baseball anymore.

Atlanta Falcons - Tampa Buy Bucs, but since no one in Georgia really cares about NFL (college state), this pales to the Ga Tech/UGA rivalry.

Atlanta Hawks - There's basketball in Georgia???

Atlanta Thrashers
- no clue, as there are still more old Flames fans in Georgia than Thrasher fans.

LSU - Traditionally Ole Miss is their rival. Not so much recently since Ole Miss has been down, but looks like that may be changing. Tulane was once a huge rival as well, but they need to field a team again to get that status back.

Pirates - Don't really rival anyone these days, sorry to say. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)