Who has the worst sports fans?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Excuse me? There's actually stories that this team was named after kin of your current owner (Paul Brown). After he was jaded by the then franchise/owner, threw a hissy, moved south and started his own bastard team. (Bungles) Then he proceeded to take our Orange color just to piss us off.

True, true, and TRUE! And he was smart not to use the feces motif.

I from Ny and this hurts as well. Being a Yankee fan, our fans can be rough. However I hear the Bosox fans are equal to the task.

I think rooting for your team is one thing but starting a fight over it is another.
I just want to see good competitive games.
If the other team wins I tip my hat to them.

People who start fights and act like jerks and sporting events should be tossed out no questions asked.

I also agree with Van about European fans not being good fans at all (Though his avatar I don't like.)

When a soccer team is eliminated from a tournament, their fans will riot, set things on fire, and attack others.

In contrast, when the Browns were officially eliminated from last year's playoff chase, nobody in Cleveland set anything afire or rioted.

Even Cleveland's bottle-throwing incident pales in comparison to what happens overseas- I heard that a goalie was hit with a flare after a goal was disallowed. You'll NEVER see Sabres fans throwing things at a goalie if a goal is overturned.

Oh goody. I sense some disdain there. I thought the Stooler fans ignored us.... guess I was wrong.

Nah....We mainly concentrate on teams in the division that gives us some competition...this year it's the brownies.

Don't worry we'll meet you twice again this year.

I actually thought the "We Dey" chant was funny. But I thought it was kind of curious that they were still saying that after winning the Super (farce) Bowl. Still thinking of the Bengals after that much time? How flattering.

Don't flatter yourself, we were making fun of the Bungles "Deliverance" mentality.

That "legal" play prompted a rule change. Just because it was "legal" at the time to intentionally dive at the opposing QB's knees doesn't make it right.

"Stick um" is now illegal in the NFL, does that mean every catch that Fred Biletnikoff made shouldn't count? Just more self serving excuses because your team lost to a better team. Don't feel bad,three other teams in the playoffs lost to them also.:rolleyes:

And again, your Super Bowl win was a farce. From taking a QB out of a game to getting lucky with the kicker with the best career % missing a FG to getting BS calls in the Super Bowl. Everyone knows it except the Stooler fans.

Again, excuses, excuses, excuses, did the Steelers hire some Voodoo princess to make him miss the FG? I already talked about Palmer getting hurt.

Until your team wins three Superbowls, they aren't in the same league.

And yeah, we're a spin-off of the Clownies. But at least we're black instead of turd colored.

HD MM handled this good enough.

(God, I love this. :p)

You better watch what you pray for.:dev:dev:dev

At the end of the year if the Bungles, Brownies or Crows win the division, then I will say congratulation and good job, but until they win more than two Superbowls, not even in the same conversation.

Here We Go Steelers.

Winners of Superbowl IX 1974 season, X 1975 season, XIII 1978 season, XIV 1979 season, XL 2005 season.

bengalssuck.gif
brownssuck.gif

1016455638cccc986.gif
steelersrocksign.png
tt02.gif

I was working security at the U of M in 88/89 when the basketball team won the championship and the fans went on a little riot dowtown, a riot officer from the local PD had a heart atack and I think he died. There was some damage to businesses downtown but nothing like what the MSU fans did years later.

At the end of the year if the Bungles, Brownies or Crows win the division, then I will say congratulation and good job, but until they win more than two Superbowls, not even in the same conversation.

I'm well aware of the Steelers' history. I have several friends that are Steelers fans (they're everywhere, you know), and I actually find them to be some of the best, most knowledgable fans in the NFL--and they feel the same way about me.

I can't argue over which team is usually better and has more fans--that's kind of obvious. I just like throwin' the slop.

I'm well aware of the Steelers' history. I have several friends that are Steelers fans (they're everywhere, you know), and I actually find them to be some of the best, most knowledgable fans in the NFL--and they feel the same way about me.

I can't argue over which team is usually better and has more fans--that's kind of obvious. I just like throwin' the slop.

Funny. The Stooler fans I know are completely ignorant. They seem to think football started in 1967.

Come on now... is this all you guys have!

How can you be the worst sports fans yet sell out every game?

There are far too many "fair weather fans" out there yet we get the blame and 99% of the time it comes up "They booed Santa Claus"... when you learn the story of that day you'd be throwin stuff at Santa too.

What other city can have their hockey team have the worst record in the league, still sell out every game that year, and then sell out the entire next year just because they love the team?

We may boo at players who underperform and run their mouths (aka Jimmy Rollins) yet we have never booed Iverson, and we have never booed the players we support (Utley has been stinkin up the place and still gets a standing O when he comes out. Westbrook has NEVER been booed)

:up

Soccer fans are crazy. They do the stupidest things in response to small things.

Remember the Browns' beer-bottle incident of 2001? That's basically minor compared to overseas; European fans would have lit the beer bottles on fire before throwing them if someone's offsides.

Funny. The Stooler fans I know are completely ignorant. They seem to think football started in 1967.

That's a problem with a LOT of football fans. They didn't think that pro football existed before the Super Bowl Era.

Oh God. You're a Yinzer too?

laughing.gif
Yep. When I was young and impressionable down in Louisiana, Terry Bradshaw (a Shreveport native) was my favorite college player. I was already an avid Pirate/Clemente fan, so it only seemed natural to start rooting for the Steelers when they drafted him in the 1970 draft (1st player picked I think). The Aints were just babies and I wasn't convinced they would stick around. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)