Who here has an OTA antenna but is not a cord cutter?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I have a large outdoor antenna on a rotor, but I also have Dish Network with my "moved" locals, plus I have Spectrum TV Choice streaming.

I've got a Square Shooter in the attic. It's split to a number of my TV's in the house and a Tablo. I use the Tablo for remote access to my locals and for those times where rain fade hits.

I've got a Square Shooter in the attic. It's split to a number of my TV's in the house and a Tablo. I use the Tablo for remote access to my locals and for those times where rain fade hits.
Cool. But my question was who here has an antenna but IS NOT a cord cutter, as in has a paid TV provider despite also having an antenna.

I have three antennas, one is a CM4228 (original) plus my Dish 1000.2 EA Hybrid satellite setup.

We're TV poor as I like to say at my house too.. We have:

DirecTV- XTRA Package with DNS service (until June it appears)
Charter Spectrum Basic package for TiVo w/ Cable Card. (I'm a C-SPAN junkie and they carry all three in HD, plus I keep getting discounts for having multiple services with them)
OTA antenna feeding into two HDHomeRun devices which are viewable using the Channels DVR app running on a Synology network drive.

We're currently testing YouTube TV too and I expect it to replace DirecTV in the near future when they end DNS service. That is about the only reason I've stayed with them.

Cable TV and OTA antenna. My antenna reception is not reliable as the trees in my neighborhood have grown a lot in the last few years and I could use two more sections to my TV tower. (which still would only give me fair to good but not reliable reception) My antenna gives me channels not available to me on my cable tv.

I have Directv as well as an Outdoor antenna I use for my locals on the rare times that I do lose Sat signal, also use it for whats Not on D*.
Me TV, Circle TV, Channel 20 from Detroit occasionally ... any other Sub Channels.

I have always had a OTA antenna at this house that I have been in for 29 years. Even with Satellite (Dishnetwork and DirecTV) and currently Comcast. I currently have a Televes DigaNova roof mounted on what was the pole for my Slimline dish.

The antenna was always my backup for rainfade or snowfade. (once birdfade)

Many times during severe weather the satellite signal would go out and I was glad to have my OTA backup.

I used it most recently when Comcast went out one evening about 9:00 pm for about four hours.

Dish,
linear programming and dvr commercial skip
And keeping Dish locals until/unless 4-tuner adapter with Hopper dvr function and full program guide for all subs.

Ota,
Sub channels and backup locals
And, after install cost, programming is free.

FireStick,
Web Browser for full internet access on tv,
And DishAnywhere for roadtrips/vacations
And various streaming services with programming not available elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)