Who here just uses OTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Do you only have OTA?

• Yes, OTA only!

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • No, Cable/Sat/Other only.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • No, Cable/Sat/Other with OTA as well.

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • No, but I do have FTA.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • No, I have OTA and FTA.

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Just curious how many people here just have OTA, no cable or sat?

Asking because I am thinking of dropping FiOS TV and am trying to decide if I can live with OTA only? I think ESPN and my RSN would be the biggest channels I would miss, but I didn't have them when I was with Voom, so maybe not.

Not quite yet but, I'm thinking about dropping DISH and going to my OTA only for a while. I would miss much of the programming but would be saving $$$$ all the same. I get all the major networks via OTA and they come in beautifully. With all the HD about to come busting out of DISH and DIRECT, I think there will be some great deals in the coming year. I wouldn't be a "New" Dish customer (even after a year of being a non subscriber as I understand it) so would probably have to look towards Direct. I think I'd miss the programming for the first week or so - then I'd forget about it.

While I think that it is foolhardy not to hav OTA I would miss the programming avaiable by other mean. But this isa highly subjective choice.

Well, I just dropped Vz FiOS TV today, so for now OTA only for me.

Yeah, its going to be tough going back to DVD Recording instead of DVR. However, I'll bet my DVD Recorder doesn't miss as many shows as Vz's DVR. ;)

I only use OTA when I need to record three things at the same time; and only if one of the feeds is FOX, NBC, or ABC. Rarely succeed with CBS getting a signal.

My wife and I recently dropped DiirecTV and now receive only OTA and FTA. We love it and don't miss the other programming. Plus we are saving $80 per month. We even receive more local OTA HD channels than DirecTV provided.

My wife and I recently dropped DiirecTV and now receive only OTA and FTA. We love it and don't miss the other programming. Plus we are saving $80 per month. We even receive more local OTA HD channels than DirecTV provided.

We did the same thing last Monday. Well, almost, I am under contract so I have the 'family' D* tier for 19.99 a month just because I cannot ( actually WILL NOT) cough up the 200 bucks for the termination fee.

So far, so good. I need to adjust my FTA and OTA setups a bit to have everything in every room that has a TV, but that will come in time. I know I will like not having that bill every month, also. :)

I have dish for the premium movie channels, I think one the HD disc market matures a bit might dump dish completely. I watch OTA HD more than anything else.

I have D* and OTA, but used diplexers to bring both to the sets. I due to how the house if wired, I was only able to run a new OTA line to one set, so I may lose OTA HD until D* starts supplying it in my area. The loss of the ability to diplex is the biggest drawback to the changeover.

Not quite yet but, I'm thinking about dropping DISH and going to my OTA only for a while. I would miss much of the programming but would be saving $$$$ all the same. I get all the major networks via OTA and they come in beautifully. With all the HD about to come busting out of DISH and DIRECT, I think there will be some great deals in the coming year. I wouldn't be a "New" Dish customer (even after a year of being a non subscriber as I understand it) so would probably have to look towards Direct. I think I'd miss the programming for the first week or so - then I'd forget about it.

I'm thinking of doing that same thing... although I am getting used to some of the HD channels, esp. DISC and Animal Planet... but for the most part I watch OTA... would invest $ saved every month on a dual HDTV tuner for my PC for DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts