Who is best for Six TV's ?

mrspeed

Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
I have 6 TV's. A PVR is a must for at least two of them and I'd like to be able to watch a show an record another.

I don't see any any dual tuners for Direct TV ...is this correct ?

dual tuners how??

all directv tivos and dvrs are dual tuners. i.e. watch and record.

if you mean like , one ird controlling two tvs and watching different things, not with directv

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

I think he means dual tuners like one box to two TVs, and unfortnately only DISH has that option as of now, though that may be changing if Directv goes with their plans for the next year or 2.

charper1 said:
and you sure dont want that RF signal crap that Dishnetwork pushes in their dual tuning receivers.

charper,

couldnt have said that better myself :shocked

and you sure dont want that RF signal crap that Dishnetwork pushes in their dual tuning receivers.

I did indeed mean dual tuners like one box to two TVs ala Dish Network. For me it worked perfectly for certain rooms.

As it turns out DirectTV is the better choice for 6 rooms. DishNetwork wanted another ~$450 for two more receivers.

DirectTV was only another $100 after some rebates for Tivo tuners and of course you only pay one Tivo fee.

You know what would be cool ? One master PVR for the whole house that you could stream video on demand to any TV in the house.

mrspeed, Directv is planning on releasing something called the home media server that will do just that.

If you are looking to order anything Directv related please check out Value Electronics. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts