Who is making the jump to iOS 9?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
How many of our developers are making the jump to the first iOS9 beta? Installing now, or waiting for another release? If yes, was it successful?

I did it yesterday. Nothing really worth writing home about. Music and News are not in the beta. Also surprised no one mentioned that Apple has killed its e book service and got rid of newsstand.

It is eating my battery like crazy I have recharged twice today and am now on 44%.

I would hold off.

Reactions: navychop
I did it yesterday. Nothing really worth writing home about. Music and News are not in the beta. Also surprised no one mentioned that Apple has killed its e book service and got rid of newsstand.

It is eating my battery like crazy I have recharged twice today and am now on 44%.

I would hold off.

I am not upset about the end of newsstand. I hated that. But they killed iBook? Wow. I always use Kindle, so it isn't a big deal, but still, that is huge. And ironic, given that they started the whole mess that led to the lawsuit by colluding with the publishers to end the $9.99 eBook policy.

I will wait for beta 2 or beta 3. :) My iPhone is working great right now, no need to screw it up. Thanks Scott.

I see nothing about the demise of iBooks in the press. And given that they sell a lot of books, why would they kill what is just an app? T

I have a number of iBooks, so I hope it's just a matter of the iBook app not being installed by default or simply missing from the beta.

I have a number of iBooks, so I hope it's just a matter of the iBook app not being installed by default or simply missing from the beta.

Yeah, I have a really hard time believing they would kill iBook. they SELL books. They need the app.

Yeah, I have a really hard time believing they would kill iBook. they SELL books. They need the app.

I am not a developer but I downloaded IOS9 for my Ipad AIR, and 10-11 El Capitan for a late 2012 Imac, both work well and, were updated yesterday to beta 2. They usually update betas about every other Tuesday it seems. It is is not difficult to do, a bit of
Googling should yield the file downloads. This website may be helpful if you are interested. http://www.macsurfer.com/ Apples betas in my experience are very stable. I did a time machine backup first. The official beta's for testers will be available in July, sign up on Apples website. ron

I am not a developer but I downloaded IOS9 for my Ipad AIR, and 10-11 El Capitan for a late 2012 Imac, both work well and, were updated yesterday to beta 2. They usually update betas about every other Tuesday it seems. It is is not difficult to do, a bit of
Googling should yield the file downloads. This website may be helpful if you are interested. http://www.macsurfer.com/ Apples betas in my experience are very stable. I did a time machine backup first. The official beta's for testers will be available in July, sign up on Apples website. ron

When I posted I did not realize they had opened the beta's to everyone. That's why I titled it the way I did. :)

I'll wait one more beta for my iPhone. Or maybe try it on my iPad first. Not taking any chances with my macbook. Only have one and it is my work machine! :)

No way I'll beta my 6+. Now, if we could recover LTE function on the iPad3, I'd be all over it. Probably see a "genius" tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts