Who should I get to install new equipment??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

textmex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
Need some help here. I want to install a couple new additional receivers
and the all the associated equipment/wiring in my house.

Who should I get to do this? Dish Network? A third party installer? Can I do it myself? (I am comfortable running wire, I'm just not sure how complicated all the connections are or what wires I'll need to run where)

One complication: I live in Rochester, NY but "moved" my service address to get Pittsburgh local channels. I am assuming if I get Dish to do the install I will need to "move" back first?

Thanks a bunch!

I would call a local retailer. You can build a relationship with them instead of being a number with Dish. It also keeps the money in your community. If you're a good customer and he's a good dealer, he can be your go-to guy for lots of things and for your friends. Word of mouth, woot!

Is the local retailer going to hassle me about "moving"?
Is the money your paying him green?

Your cheapest upgrade is going to be have DISH do it. The dealer is going to be more expensive because DISH won't reimburse him for switches and receivers that they won't charge themselves for. Seeing the dealer is going to be paid by you for work and equipment he dosen't care where DISH has you residing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)