Who wants a Birdview?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swampman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
South Louisiana
Some of you may remember, last year in my ongoing search for that perfect Birdview( I found 11), but only 2 were the perferated variety that I really wanted(they were unattainable). However I did remove a solid that has been stored ever since in my fathers property out in the country, thinking one day I would set it up. I first brought it to my home in a quiet subdivision. I soon realized that it looked way too big for my backyard. My wife jubilantly agreed. Actually I had other interests in my life that superceded a BUD. And so here we are. A very nice Birdview dish with mount and post, never set up by me. I did connect the mount to an analog receiver to see if it worked...and it did activate the motor. And yes it does have a reed senser installed...a nice plus. Thats about it other than in removing the dish from it's original home, I cut the post just below groung level, as that was the easiest way for me. So the proud new owner may have to weld an extension to bring it up to the desired length. I once had pics of it, but I must have deleted them. This seems to be the only pic I could find showing the feedhorn(ready for a corotor II). I've thought long and hard about it...and I really can't see ever using it. So anyone in south Louisiana interested, let me know.

Oh BTW, did I mention it's a FREEBIE? :D

Attachments

• 100_0312.jpg
    100_0312.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 196
Some of you may remember, last year in my ongoing search for that perfect Birdview( I found 11), but only 2 were the perferated variety that I really wanted(they were unattainable). However I did remove a solid that has been stored ever since in my fathers property out in the country, thinking one day I would set it up. I first brought it to my home in a quiet subdivision. I soon realized that it looked way too big for my backyard. My wife jubilantly agreed. Actually I had other interests in my life that superceded a BUD. And so here we are. A very nice Birdview dish with mount and post, never set up by me. I did connect the mount to an analog receiver to see if it worked...and it did activate the motor. And yes it does have a reed senser installed...a nice plus. Thats about it other than in removing the dish from it's original home, I cut the post just below groung level, as that was the easiest way for me. So the proud new owner may have to weld an extension to bring it up to the desired length. I once had pics of it, but I must have deleted them. This seems to be the only pic I could find showing the feedhorn(ready for a corotor II). I've thought long and hard about it...and I really can't see ever using it. So anyone in south Louisiana interested, let me know.

And I just went through your state about a month ago getting another Birdview. Maybe someone else who is closer to you will give it a good home! :up

Tom

:D

Hey Swampman,

Sorry to hear you are giving away your Birdview. I had hopes that you would get it up and operational last year.

If I wasn't so involved right now, I think I could swing a visit with my Sister-In-Law and bring my family down to get it. :)

If Stogie isn't asleep at the switch or Tron is reading, they would be the prime candidates for that dish. They are close enough it wouldn't cost them an arm and a leg.

Hear that Guys!!!

Stogie, Wake up Guy!! Get off that couch and go get the dish!!!

Hey I know people who would steal gas to drive and pick up a birdview- Just kidding.
I would love to have one but too far for me.

If Stogie isn't asleep at the switch or Tron is reading, they would be the prime candidates for that dish. They are close enough it wouldn't cost them an arm and a leg.

Hear that Guys!!!

them two and digiblur were the 3 I was thinking of :)

Looks like gabshere is gonna get it as he was the first to say he wanted it in a pm a couple of days ago. Be a long drive for him though. :) Not final yet but almost. Sorry guys. :)

Hey Swampman,

Sorry to hear you are giving away your Birdview. I had hopes that you would get it up and operational last year.

If I wasn't so involved right now, I think I could swing a visit with my Sister-In-Law and bring my family down to get it. :)

Yeah I know, I was pretty fired up about it back then. I just waited for a perferated one for so long, that I think I just lost interest. But thats how I am. As my wife so aptly puts it, "You get these spir of the moment brainstorms, then as time passes you get over it." Soooo true. :D But I did enjoy the insight I got from you and a few others. It was very much appreciated. So I'll just stick with my KU stuff with my old Primestar dish. ;)

Yeah I know, I was pretty fired up about it back then. I just waited for a perferated one for so long, that I think I just lost interest. But thats how I am. As my wife so aptly puts it, "You get these spir of the moment brainstorms, then as time passes you get over it." Soooo true. :D But I did enjoy the insight I got from you and a few others. It was very much appreciated. So I'll just stick with my KU stuff with my old Primestar dish. ;)

That is part of the beauty of helping someone else. At least for me, it helps make it stick in my own head. :)

Maybe you will find a perfed one and get fired up again.

I am glad it is going to George. He has been looking a long time. I hope it all works out.

Dunno how the hell I missed this one, I check the board 15 times a day and never saw it....LOL....if something falls through with Brother George LMK.

Hey, also, if y'all need help loading it or something shoot me a PM. I am around most days. I'd like to see it anyway, I don't think I've ever seen one live in person.

Nice move Swampman. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)