Who/What is Dish World Wide?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

agrolingua

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
NE WI
My sister has offered me a dish that is on her house. I asked her about it and all she tells me is that is says "Dish World Wide." She lives in S. Florida.

Anyone familiar with the brand? Is it a company that sells dishes, etc.? If so, is it any good? Is it a manufacturer? Or, is it a company that sells/sold programming?

Would it be worth having my sister bring me the dish? She still has not told me the size. (less than 4')

Take a look and see if it isn't the DirecTV International dish.
We argue regularly about how good it is for FTA.
The basic answer is: certainly not the best, but better 'n nothing.

You can search the FTA Forum for other threads dealing with it.
Some of the confusion may stem from there being different batches built with similar but not identical LNBs.
I like to say: If it's free, take it, but don't pay for one.

Ahh yes another DirecTV 36" 36EDS International Dish.

Look like any of the attached pictures below?
I just got one free today new! Read this post. I would not recommend it for a starter dish or for someone new to FTA. I can have a garage full of these if I took all that were offered to me in the last year. Better to start with 80cm or bigger with this hobby.

Better find would be the HughesNet, DirectPC, DirectWay Dishes used for Internet satellite access. Starchoice is another one. Old Primestar 75E & 84E Dishes have been proven very predominant also! In this hobby BIGGER is better!

FREE, take it!! It does make a killer stationary dish! (Depends on where you point it)

B-Man

Attachments

• Moresat DVB Sales-WorldDirect2point.JPG
    Moresat DVB Sales-WorldDirect2point.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 157
  • DirecTV 36 International Dish.jpg
    DirecTV 36 International Dish.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 163
  • world dish version 2.jpg
    world dish version 2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 154
  • world dish.jpg
    world dish.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)