Who will be "retired" 1st: Poll......Looks like Weis is the winner!!!

Who will be gone first?

• Charlie @ ND

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Rich @ Michigan

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Bowden @ FSU

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
From ESPN.com:
"Weis has told people in South Bend that he already has heard from roughly six NFL teams about becoming their offensive coordinator next season, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."

There are 6 pro teams that need an offensive coordinator? That is a surprise! Who is going to fire one to get this lemon? Or maybe, just maybe, Chollie's delusions are running even more rampant than ever (i.e. he was going to go better than 10-2 this season, IIRC.)

This does not surprise me at all.
He is a very good O Co.

Glad to see Charlie go...way over-due...sad to Bobby go...but it was his time.

Maybe Joe Pa will decide to go, now that Bobby has stepped down.
I know Joe will be there next year, but now he may consider leaving after that.

He like Bobby have had little to do with the teams success of late, mainly a babysitter while others run the show.

Maybe Joe Pa will decide to go, now that Bobby has stepped down.
I know Joe will be there next year, but now he may consider leaving after that.

He like Bobby have had little to do with the teams success of late, mainly a babysitter while others run the show.
I would love to see Jo Pa go out next season after having a few good years (after 5 stinkers):

2009 10 2 (so far)
2008 11 2
2007 9 4
2006 9 4
2005 11 1

Bowden will be a close second looks like he will walk away.

Maybe Weis will come to Cleveland and reunite with Quinn as OC. I'd take it.

Well, Charlie was the first to go and it sounds like Bobby Bowden will leave/retire tomorrow ...

Sources: Florida State coach Bobby Bowden to announce retirement Tuesday - ESPN

As to as Coach Bowden, its is now being reported that he has been offered a "diminished role" as "Head Coach" for next season or the opportunity to retire. I hate to see a guy like him not go out while they were on top, but am looking for him to go ahead and retire now. 34 years at FSU was a nice run.

No news on any changes at Michigan. Martin, the lame duck AD, appears dead-set against removing RR as of today. He has announced his retirement before the next football season (effective September, 2010), so it appears he will be leaving any changes in coaching to be made to the next AD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)