Who will be "retired" 1st: Poll......Looks like Weis is the winner!!!

Who will be gone first?

• Charlie @ ND

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Rich @ Michigan

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Bowden @ FSU

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Carr, as his record shows, was a solid and reliable coach....and an all-around good guy. I never understood why he wasn't well-liked, but apparently many at the University were not happy with Coach Carr winning 9.45 and losing 2.9 each year (his average during the past 11-years), and having trouble with Ohio State his past few seasons. They traded him for RR? :confused:

I under what you're saying about Willingham, but I personally didn't think he was worth keeping around any longer. Of course, I would take him over the fat-guy any day!

Remember, Rich Rod was not thier first choice.

Will they look to thier first choice back then, now... again.

Les Miles ?????

Remember, Rich Rod was not thier first choice.

Will they look to thier first choice back then, now... again.

Les Miles ?????
My first point would be that Coach Carr should still be at the helm. My second point is that RR never should have been offered the head coaching position. Anyway, my biggest fear is that RR will be coming back next year. If so, the University will have to deal with a lot of backlash.

My first point would be that Coach Carr should still be at the helm. My second point is that RR never should have been offered the head coaching position. Anyway, my biggest fear is that RR will be coming back next year. If so, the University will have to deal with a lot of backlash.

I think he will be back as well, but if next year goes the same (and I doubt it will) then he will be gone.

Don't they have a D co ordinator ?
All the blame is going to the head coach, rightfully so, but come on.

I think he will be back as well, but if next year goes the same (and I doubt it will) then he will be gone.

Don't they have a D co ordinator ?
All the blame is going to the head coach, rightfully so, but come on.
I would agree with you...if he took over a program in distress and not one that had 40-straight winning seasons and 33-straight bowl appearances. Simply said, RR's 3-9 record last year, cominbed with his 5-7 record this season and abismal 3-13 Big Ten record cannot be sugar-coated or excused in any way. This is a coaching blunder of epic proportion! My God! I'm sorry, but if RR were to say, "please excuse me for my 3-13 Big Ten record...I would tell him, "there is no excuse for you! Thanks to RR we've become the new Northwestern! In fact, most of RRs victories were against cupcakes like Eastern/Western Michigan/Delaware State.

Jimbo, how would feel is someone replaced a retiring Jim Tressel, and then proceded to scrap his playbook and mislead the team to a 3-13 Big Ten record in his first two seasons. Come one...this bozo deserves to be fired - at minimum.

I would agree with you...if he took over a program in distress and not one that had 40-straight winning seasons and 33-straight bowl appearances. Simply said, RR's 3-9 record last year, cominbed with his 5-7 record this season and abismal 3-13 Big Ten record cannot be sugar-coated or excused in any way. This is a coaching blunder of epic proportion! My God! I'm sorry, but if RR were to say, "please excuse me for my 3-13 Big Ten record...I would tell him, "there is no excuse for you! Thanks to RR we've become the new Northwestern! In fact, most of RRs victories were against cupcakes like Eastern/Western Michigan/Delaware State.

Jimbo, how would feel is someone replaced a retiring Jim Tressel, and then proceded to scrap his playbook and mislead the team to a 3-13 Big Ten record in his first two seasons. Come one...this bozo deserves to be fired - at minimum.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be fired, just that he won't.

Remember, we has Cooper for 13 years that could not beat Michigan.

You guys PRAYED for us to give him a new contract .... and they DID every year.

I actually Coop was a good coach...just couldn't win the last two game each year (Michigan and whatever Bowl game). To be honest, I would have taken Cooper before RR.

I actually Coop was a good coach...just couldn't win the last two game each year (Michigan and whatever Bowl game). To be honest, I would have taken Cooper before RR.

Well you can have him if you want, he's doing analyst work somewhere, I saw him recently.

Coop was NOT a very good coach, he could win the games that got him there, but could not win the games that count the most.

Well you can have him if you want, he's doing analyst work somewhere, I saw him recently.

Coop was NOT a very good coach, he could win the games that got him there, but could not win the games that count the most.

Agreed. I will take The Vest any day over Cooper.

Jimbo, in all honesty, you have to remember that Cooper had an overall record of about 72% wins (111-43-4) and 70% in the Big10 (70-30-4) which lots of schools would kill for, just not tOSU. :D

Out of Cooper's 13 seasons at tOSU, they played in 11 bowl games, but if you are like my wife, winning just 2 of them was not exactly what you had in mind. Choking on the big game seemed to be his problem, recruiting wasn't, and regular season games wasn't that much either (outside of the season-ending game.)

If RR or Fat Chuckie was winning 72+% of their games and 70% of the conference games, most would not be calling for their departure. They aren't and some fans are.

BTW, last I had heard of Coop, he was working for ESPN, the place for coaches to go when they are unemployable before they die (see Lee Corso). :)

Jimbo, in all honesty, you have to remember that Cooper had an overall record of about 72% wins (111-43-4) and 70% in the Big10 (70-30-4) which lots of schools would kill for, just not tOSU. :D

Out of Cooper's 13 seasons at tOSU, they played in 11 bowl games, but if you are like my wife, winning just 2 of them was not exactly what you had in mind. Choking on the big game seemed to be his problem, recruiting wasn't, and regular season games wasn't that much either (outside of the season-ending game.)

If RR or Fat Chuckie was winning 72+% of their games and 70% of the conference games, most would not be calling for their departure. They aren't and some fans are.

BTW, last I had heard of Coop, he was working for ESPN, the place for coaches to go when they are unemployable before they die (see Lee Corso). :)

And Jim Tressel has an 92-21 (81.4%) overall winning record and is 58-13 (82%) in the Big-10.

In Tressel's 9 seasons (including this one), he will have taken the team to a Bowl Game each year, with 3 of them being the BCS National Championship and only 1 of the 9 Bowls being a non-BCS Bowl Games! Wow!

I realize Cooper wasn't chop liver, but there is no comparing the former OSU coach to the current. The numbers just don't back it up.

Michigan failed to keep mandatory logs

Would anyone like to change their vote?

"College football's winningest program just took another hit off the field.

The University of Michigan released embarrassing details of an internal audit Monday that discovered Rich Rodriguez's team failed to file forms tracking how much time players spent on football during the 2008 season -- his first -- and the offseason last spring

Perhaps coincidentally, the NCAA and the school are investigating the program about similar issues. The NCAA sent the school's president a notice of inquiry last month, saying it plans to complete its investigation by Dec. 31."

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4660285"]Michigan Wolverines didn't keep workout logs, school says - ESPN[/ame]

Seat meet griddle...the hot-seat gets hotter...

I realize Cooper wasn't chop liver, but there is no comparing the former OSU coach to the current. The numbers just don't back it up.
I agree...Cooper had an excellent record, but he always seemed to lose the last two games of the season: Michigan and a Bowl Game. This fact sure didn't set well with the Buckeye faithful. To be honest, the tuefel hunden wouldn't have been biting at his ankles if he had managed to split those final two games each season.

Would anyone like to change their vote?

"College football's winningest program just took another hit off the field.

The University of Michigan released embarrassing details of an internal audit Monday that discovered Rich Rodriguez's team failed to file forms tracking how much time players spent on football during the 2008 season -- his first -- and the offseason last spring

Perhaps coincidentally, the NCAA and the school are investigating the program about similar issues. The NCAA sent the school's president a notice of inquiry last month, saying it plans to complete its investigation by Dec. 31."

Full Story at ESPN

Seat meet griddle...the hot-seat gets hotter...

Isn't this what was reported earlier in the season when some players were raising hell that the practices were way over NCAA allowed amounts and team was not exactly what one would call happy? At that time, it was denied naturally, but now it turns out it was not new with RR, and the players may have just been honest, not malcontents.

Wonder what the threat of probation will do for the UM fanbase? Public hanging? :D

Isn't this what was reported earlier in the season when some players were raising hell that the practices were way over NCAA allowed amounts and team was not exactly what one would call happy? At that time, it was denied naturally, but now it turns out it was not new with RR, and the players may have just been honest, not malcontents.

Wonder what the threat of probation will do for the UM fanbase? Public hanging? :D
Heck, some fans wanted to hang Coach Carr for some 4-loss seasons and not beating Ohio State. I cannot imagine what would happen to RR. Ok, yes I can! :D

I figured from the start that Rich Rod wouldn't last at UM with the way the whole thing started.

Who do you think will replace Rich Rod? Maybe Les Miles? Harbaugh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts