Whole home configuration question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
PATECO said:
The number of the split makes no difference. An 8 way will run 8 tuners but so will a 2 way. the key is that each ouput from a SWM LNB/Multiswitch will only support 8 total tuners. Splitters should therefore be optimized for the lowest amount of signal loss that will still support the number of receiver boxes you are supporting. If you are only putting in 4 boxes then a 4 way splitter would be prefered to an 8 way splitter. The reason Directv wants at least one splitter in an installation (even a single HR34) is to prevent the MRV signal from flooding and disrupting the SWM LNB with unneeded noise. The green lable splitters have a filter in the 475Mhz to 625Mhz range to do this. You could use a bandsop filter on the SWM power inserter and get the same result with no green label splitter.

I hope this helped.

Ok, tried it. 771b. 1 line from dish going to a 2 way. 1 line running a HR34 another running a HR24.

Came across a service call today, 4 HDDVRS on a 4 way, 771a, swapped the 4 way for another called right back now having 771b. Swapped for an 8 way now everything is fine. What exactly is the issue on these?

Not sure if this matters, both had/have green label splitter and LNB

Hi,

Are both of the splitters the Green Swm Splitters? If they are, that is the problem the green splitters have a filter (similar but not as strong as the red bandstop filter) that filters out and does not pass MRV/Decca signal. The filter is there so that mrv communications don't flood your swm8 switch/lnb with such a strong reverse RF signal from the decca adapter. The SWM8 and SWM 32 switchs both have built in diplexors in the switch sending the MRV/Decca to the Off Air input/output, so filtered green splitters are not needed. Through field experience I have found an issue where when daisy-chained or run in parralel as your system is. these green swm splitters can filter out the decca signal so well that the boxes can't see each other and/or the internet. For best results, the splitter that does not have the decca addapter connected to it should be switched from 8 way green to 4 way NON Green lable MFH2/SWM splitter (our part# SWS4) this one does not have the filter, and will let your boxes talk again. The other 8 way green splitter could be switched to a 4way green splitter, but it may not be necessary. Contrary to Directv's instructions to their installers, There should only be one Green SWM splitter in any standard residential SWM installation and that is the one closest to the SWM switch/lnb.

The other thing that can mess with a swm install is Diplexors. if there are any diplexors PM me for a solution.

I hope this helps.
Chip

Hope this helps

I tried ordering the the SWS4 from you but I got an out of stock message. any other thoughts? thx

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)