Whole Home DVR (MRV) Wireless Internet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lugnut1012

Original poster
Had a quick questions concerning the HR24-100. I have the Whole Home DVR (MRV) in my house. I did not sign up for the internet connection when I ordered because I did not think that I could use it. Now I am second guessing myself. How I have everything set up in my house is that I have a cable and phone internet. I have a dedicated line from the pole outside straight to my cable modem. Then D* hooked things up using the other coax cable in my house. I basically have two lines (one for TV and one for internet.) I was under the impression that I would not be able to use the internet connect kit because my internet is not "hooked up" on the same coax cable as my D* TV. Is there any way that I can get a wireless adapter and connect it up that way? I have read that if you try to connect an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the back of the HR24 that it shuts things down. Does anybody have any ideas on what I can do to get on-demand programing? Thanks

What would you could do is have a Broadband DECA installed near your cable modem. Then they would just need to run a separate cable drop there so that way the DECA could be plug into it then into your cable modem as long as it has a free port. That way your MRV will work plus this will pass your internet connection to all of your receivers as well. Oh Welcome to Satelliteguys and to the Empire.. :)

Yep, Poke has it right. If you use the wireless internet connection kit you will disable the internal DECA adapter (and MRV) on your HR24 or H24 receiver. Call D* and tell them you want the broadband DECA connected, it's $25.00 plus installation..you could also buy the DECA adapter and power supply from solid signal for $60.00 and install it yourself. You will need an open port on the SWiM splitter and a cable drop close to your modem or router/switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.