Whole Home Queston

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Long time subscriber. I have an HR24 downstairs and a HR22(I think) upstairs. It would be nice to be able to record more shows and access from both rooms the same content. Can I reasonably get Whole Home or Geanie this with little charge? Any existing customer have any luck? What kind of effort is involved.

This is a "nice to have" for me... not really dying for it but if it's quick, easy, and cheap i'll consider it.

Long time subscriber. I have an HR24 downstairs and a HR22(I think) upstairs. It would be nice to be able to record more shows and access from both rooms the same content. Can I reasonably get Whole Home or Geanie this with little charge? Any existing customer have any luck? What kind of effort is involved.

This is a "nice to have" for me... not really dying for it but if it's quick, easy, and cheap i'll consider it.

Call retention. I got a HR34 with Whole Home for $49 installed.

I'm a new subscriber to DirecTV and wondered what this is. I read in another post somewhere that they disconnected this from the Internet and connected the main Genie to the Internet. What is this and what is it for? Any info thanks.
2013-01-11 15.26.39.jpg

That's the question. Should I wait? Heard tons of complaints about latency of hr34.

I love my HR34 and when the HR44 comes out I am going to upgrade my HR24-200 to a HR44 :) ..... The only problem I had with the HR34 was wth the access card it couldn't read it and it happened when lights went out do to storm and HR34 would restart and that was a rarity that started about 3 months ago and here is the story....I woke up this Friday morning and my HR34 couldn't read the card that slides in where the red button is I called in and they had a tech out the same day between 12-4 and he showed up about at 12:15 and replaced the HR34 with a new one and replaced the bad lnb for pixelation and when the old HR34 restarted after he changed the LNB itt couldn't read the access card so he gave me a new HR34.Great service and thanks Directv for great service and same day service :)

I love my HR34 and when the HR44 comes out I am going to upgrade my HR24-200 to a HR44 :) ..... The only problem I had with the HR34 was wth the access card it couldn't read it and it happened when lights went out do to storm and HR34 would restart and that was a rarity that started about 3 months ago and here is the story....I woke up this Friday morning and my HR34 couldn't read the card that slides in where the red button is I called in and they had a tech out the same day between 12-4 and he showed up about at 12:15 and replaced the HR34 with a new one and replaced the bad lnb for pixelation and when the old HR34 restarted after he changed the LNB itt couldn't read the access card so he gave me a new HR34.Great service and thanks Directv for great service and same day service :)

huh?? i'm not understanding most of this post except for one thing,hopefully. if you're saying you plan to upgrade the HR24 to a HR44 while keeping the HR34, Scott and Jay already said this will not be allowed by directv. I would love to be able to do this but this info was posted a couple of times and I know you read it.

while I didnt have a HR24 I did have a R22 (which is like a HR21 but could be used on SD accounts) and the HR34 is way faster than the R22

You can't compare ANYTHING to an R22! My grandma can move faster then one of those things :)

huh?? i'm not understanding most of this post except for one thing,hopefully. if you're saying you plan to upgrade the HR24 to a HR44 while keeping the HR34, Scott and Jay already said this will not be allowed by directv. I would love to be able to do this but this info was posted a couple of times and I know you read it.

Rey, I read what Scott and Jay posted and they are probably right but I talked to a supervisor tech at Directv when I made the tech appt last Friday and I was asking him about the HR44 and he told me I would be able to have an HR34 and and HR44 at same time according to memo he got and what he has been told and the Tech that came out here last week has been here 2 other times and he lives 10 minutes from me said same thing to me last Friday is what he is hearing and like I said we will all find out what the real truth is when it comes out as we can get wrong info from CSR or Supervisors on phone as we all hear different things.Rey I am not trying to arguing I was posting what they told me and I see what you said about Scott and Jay said and everyobe is saying and hearing different things and we shall see and take care :)

Rey, I read what Scott and Jay posted and they are probably right but I talked to a supervisor tech at Directv when I made the tech appt last Friday and I was asking him about the HR44 and he told me I would be able to have an HR34 and and HR44 at same time according to memo he got and what he has been told and the Tech that came out here last week has been here 2 other times and he lives 10 minutes from me said same thing to me last Friday is what he is hearing and like I said we will all find out what the real truth is when it comes out as we can get wrong info from CSR or Supervisors on phone as we all hear different things.Rey I am not trying to arguing I was posting what they told me and I see what you said about Scott and Jay said and everyobe is saying and hearing different things and we shall see and take care :)

This is just what we were told. Accounts will NOT be allowed both a 34 and 44 at this current time. I'm like you, not trying to pick a fight but this is just what are told as of now. It can always change

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)