Whole home upgrade price jump 99 to 199

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Got into work this morning and the first thing I saw is the price jump whole home went from 99 for existing customer to 199. I really just dont know what to say other then wow.

I think $199 is pushing the envelope, though they often discounted the $99 anyway.

Take a typical customer with 3 receivers, say one hd-dvr and one hd and one sd.
You do a LNB replacement ($30), SD box upgrade to D12 ($30), a couple DECAs ($40). Something like that.

Essentially DirecTV probably averages $100 in equipment investment and gets $3/mo to offset it, plus better customer satisfaction. The $99 customer investment more than covers the truck roll.

Upping to $199 essentially asks the customer to make the full investment, and that makes whole-home a tough sell.

Yep, I know. Also another problem is , in order to get the install for $199, you have to have 1 HD DVR and 1 HD receiver already on your existing account, Other wise, It another $99 or $199 .

So if you have say 1 HD DVR and 1 SD DVR and 2 SD receivers, You have to Upgrade your SD DVR to either HD receiver or HD DVR .

Then they will throw in the rest of the receivers you need for free.

$262 was a Quote I already got, $362 was a Quote my sister got. For a 2 HD DVR MRV

$199 Deca, $49.99 Shipping, and Tax 6%.

Honestly, for that price, I can everything I need from Ebay for cheaper. Directv.com, still only wants to charge me $74, however. $25 for the install, $49 for the truck roll. I just haven't bit yet. As of right now, I just run ethernet to the recievers for my Whole Home service.

I still think $199 is fair.

Roll a truck, gas, installers time and equipment costs more then $99.

IF there was no addl. monthly fee associated with it,Iwould say Yes, but when they continue to nickel and dime you it's getting ridiculous, this is another example of them taking what DISH has always done and implement it to the best they can. DISH nickel and dimes you to death and D* is becoming the same way now.

IF there was no addl. monthly fee associated with it,Iwould say Yes, but when they continue to nickel and dime you it's getting ridiculous, this is another example of them taking what DISH has always done and implement it to the best they can. DISH nickel and dimes you to death and D* is becoming the same way now.
Yep , 100% agreement!

Don't Charge a bogus $3 for nothing fee. When your going to charge $199 upfront. Whats funny is that doesn't include the New install, thats now an addtional $49 that D* seems to have snuck on us even when ordering a receiver. Thats was free for Years!

Again, I'll just get another HD DVR and double record my shows, if its that important!
And I'll install it and Buy it myself.

Moving from the Pub to the general Directv area so everyone can see it.

If you're not a Pub memeber you should consider joining, right now 50% of your membership is being donated to St. Judes Childrens Hospital. What a great time to join.

Our Pub is where breaking news happens :)

Remember that is is free if you use your own router and Ethernet. The only cost is the $3/month for the service

Free if they select mrv at install with one hdddvr and hd box ( as they just use hr24/h24) 25 addtional for the deca internet adapter
Actually I think the deca adapter is free now. On the website it says "free cinema connection kit" isn't this the deca adapter?

Actually I think the deca adapter is free now. On the website it says "free cinema connection kit" isn't this the deca adapter?

Depends on your location and your setup.

Customer A says lives in florida might now get one by a customer in a heavly competive market might

Customer B not going with mrv instead of deca he gets a free homeplug adapter.

Stonecold, I've been with the company for almost 5 years. You said mrv was free at install if HD DVR & HD were present and only 25 for DECA. I recently moved in June and I already had an HD DVR, and got a free HD at install. I asked the installer if he could do then and was told no, that I would have to call and he would have to come out again to install DECA. This made no sense because it was all new wiring, HD DVR & HD reciever but he had to come back to put DECA on and setup MVR? why not when there, 2 birds with one stone ya know. Anyways after calling back later to inquire about it, bam was almost 200, which is why I think things happened the way they did

Well figure in March we get a price increase again, and all for them adding what 3 or 4 channels this year? The more i stay with them, the more I ask WHY???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts