Whooo Hoo - another dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think Skyvision used to sell some mesh, not sure if they still do. google for sami (satellite antenna manufacturing inc) they also used to have some dish parts listed as being available.

Got it all set up!

This is a 1.2 meter dish, typical of what you would find being used in VSAT applications, such as on a gas station or store for credit card purchases. There is a feedhorn which is joined to a dual-path waveguide by what LOOKS like a common C-120 flange (but is NOT). The dimensions are very similar, but the flange is threaded on both sides AND only two of the holes line up with a C-120 LNB. As Kevin needs both polarities from 97w, and doesn't want a multiswitch to be involved, I brought over one of my Hughes LNBs (purchased from that guy on E-Bay who was selling them in boxes of 8). We took the waveguide with the transmit and Ku receive LNBs off, and replaced it with my Hughes LNB. I was able to get only two of the screw holes on the feedhorn to match the Hughes C-120 LNB. I advised Kevin to simply tighten up the two bolts, which, along with the O-ring inside, seem to be keeping the interface between the feedhorn and the Hughes LNB tight. Don't know what kind of flange mount that is, but it is not a standard C-120.

The Hughes LNB aligns perfectly (with only two bolts) to the feedhorn, so we got it up and mounted. I figured on 22-24 degree offset, seems to be between 24 and 26. Finally got signal on 97w after some fiddling. Will tweak tomorrow :)

Got it all set up!

This is a 1.2 meter dish, typical of what you would find being used in VSAT applications, such as on a gas station or store for credit card purchases. There is a feedhorn which is joined to a dual-path waveguide by what LOOKS like a common C-120 flange (but is NOT). The dimensions are very similar, but the flange is threaded on both sides AND only two of the holes line up with a C-120 LNB. As Kevin needs both polarities from 97w, and doesn't want a multiswitch to be involved, I brought over one of my Hughes LNBs (purchased from that guy on E-Bay who was selling them in boxes of 8). We took the waveguide with the transmit and Ku receive LNBs off, and replaced it with my Hughes LNB. I was able to get only two of the screw holes on the feedhorn to match the Hughes C-120 LNB. I advised Kevin to simply tighten up the two bolts, which, along with the O-ring inside, seem to be keeping the interface between the feedhorn and the Hughes LNB tight. Don't know what kind of flange mount that is, but it is not a standard C-120.

The Hughes LNB aligns perfectly (with only two bolts) to the feedhorn, so we got it up and mounted. I figured on 22-24 degree offset, seems to be between 24 and 26. Finally got signal on 97w after some fiddling. Will tweak tomorrow :)

Big daddy, we are tweaked up here, I went up and adjusted for elevation and found 80%+. The angle thingy said 31 deg. Anyway, right left was right dead on, it was the elevation, now I have to mess with the skew just a weeeeeeeeeee bit...

I also drilled the pipe and ran a bolt through with a sheer cut so it dont rip my roof off should there be some insane normal to down here thunderstorm. I am very pleased, I found something interesting today too rescanning - give me a ring tonight. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts