Who's Satisfied with DirectvHD???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Neutron said:
With the satellite that's expected to launch in 2007 expect well more than 500 HD channel capacity.
Sure, but implying to someone that there will be 500 HD channels next year is a bit misleading. It is the same as counting all of the local channels in SD. It's true technically, but not relevant to a consumer making a decision. Also, from a CONUS standpoint, the new sat will only have capacity for 50 HD channels, IIRC. The 500 number was using spotbeams.

I was basing my statement off the rumor that was announced last month.

The rumor or the press release?

Anyway, I would not base going with D* on their future plans right now, since you will probably be out of contract by the time anything significant happens (even E* buying V* will take some time...). The key is that RIGHT NOW, E* and D* are about tied for offerings, but the HD Tivo is all alone in its class in terms of functionality (it is what swayed me...). If you want an HD DVR, then this is the best thing going by far.

Later,
Bill

If the HD Tivo was more affordable I would jump on it in a heartbeat! I would gladly trade my HTL-HD in for it.

I bet D* jumps ahead in the HD field. They are the only ones that have announced a plan for local HD. Charlie doesn't want to do it, he's even said so.

You know all this talk about D and HD , I will be leave it when I see it ! I for 1 am happy with the HD as long as its free and when the 6 months is over, if they don't have any other channels I will be dropping the HD package and don't say that point is mutt because they will have more , I don't be leave anything I read rather it be a rumor here on an official release from D them selfs , until I can see it on my TV .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts