I Just Signed Up With Directv!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Boondockbill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
Ex-VOOM'er here. Got a good deal for Directv HD package. Installer will be here in two days. Hopefully, no more of the extreme headaches lke with VOOM.

Congratulations!! You won't regret the switch. Did they say which HD receiver you will be getting? Hopefully it will be the Hughes HTL-HD receiver. Very reliable. I had Voom and hated the constant reboots and downtimes.

Neutron said:
Congratulations!! You won't regret the switch. Did they say which HD receiver you will be getting? Hopefully it will be the Hughes HTL-HD receiver. Very reliable. I had Voom and hated the constant reboots and downtimes.

On the phone with D* right now, won't know the model until actual install.

Boondockbill said:
On the phone with D* right now, won't know the model until actual install.
hey neutron, dosent directv only have hughes right now, I have not known them to carry any ts360's or others. Even replacements, if my ts360 went out, they told me they would send a htld, which reminds me, if I am not happy with my sammy, is there a way I can get a new htld reciever with my protection plan, or am I just stuck with the ts360 till I decide to buy something new

stuart628 said:
hey neutron, dosent directv only have hughes right now, I have not known them to carry any ts360's or others. Even replacements, if my ts360 went out, they told me they would send a htld, which reminds me, if I am not happy with my sammy, is there a way I can get a new htld reciever with my protection plan, or am I just stuck with the ts360 till I decide to buy something new

Your Sammy could "break"
;)

Hopefully the switch works out for you.

When I ordered my HD package back in February they sent me a Samsung TS-160. They said it would be a Samsung or a Hughes when I asked. So far no problems with this Samsung at all, I really like the caller ID feature too.

If you have their protection plan it should be covered.

D* has three HD receivers it installs: Hughes HTL-HD, Samsung TS360, and their new Directv branded HD receiver.

My wife is actually getting into this HDTV stuff now that we have a working HD receiver. She was turned off of DISH's crappy 811 and Voom's POS.

Neutron said:
If you have their protection plan it should be covered.

D* has three HD receivers it installs: Hughes HTL-HD, Samsung TS360, and their new Directv branded HD receiver.

My wife is actually getting into this HDTV stuff now that we have a working HD receiver. She was turned off of DISH's crappy 811 and Voom's POS.

Toshiba also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)