Who's the biggest NFL disappointment so far this season?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Most people will say the Cowboys or Browns or Saints,

but I have to say the Colts.

They are not in synch, have a bad defense, and too many injuries.

They can't stop anyone defensively, and they have to go to Tennessee next week.

They are, in a word, screwed.

In the AFC alone, there's a boat load of disappointing teams: Colts, Browns, Jaguars, Patriots (Brady injury notwithstanding) and even the Jets to a certain extent.

But for me, the Chargers are the MOST disappointing. This is a team that many people (including myself) picked to win the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Disappointing, to me, equates with what did we expect of a team this year . . . therefore, using that logic, it has to be the Saints . . .

1. they cannot win on the road
2. Shockey (thank god the Giants traded him) accusing the doctors not properly diagnosing him in the pre-season (oh yeah Shockey, the Saints just traded draft picks for you, but they're going to lie about an injury . . . you keep believing that)
3. now Bush is out

huge disappointment !!!

chargers,colts,cowboys. a few others in the afc. I'm disappointed with the AFC in general as strength seems to be shifting back to the NFC.

I would agree that the AFC as a whole is a little disappointing. The Chargers and the Colts and even the Browns would be the biggest. But at the same token, look at the teams that have improved that have legit playoffs AND possible Super Bowl chances:

Titans
Bills
Jags
Broncos
Ravens

Teams like the Steelers and Patriots have been steady playoff caliber teams.

On a personal note, I expected more out of the Raiders. They HAVE been very competitive in all but two games. The GOOD new is they still have 10 games left. The BAD news is they still have 10 games left. I will choose to look at the glass as half full and stay with my prediction of 6-10/7-9 and hope for a 8-8 season.

The Browns.

Many prognosticators had them winning the AFC North this year and possibly contending for a Super Bowl. Instead they are 2-4 and the only looked good in 1 game so far this year.

I'll go with Matt on this one. The Browns have been just a step above my Lions. I knew the Lions would be bad, (hell, they're even worse than I thought they would be!) and I tried to explain that to all you rosy lensed prognosticators who thought they may be playoff bound. For those of you who picked them to be playoff runners, I would think a potential 0-16 team would be your choice for the "biggest disappointment". You know who you are.:D

I'll go with Matt on this one. The Browns have been just a step above my Lions. I knew the Lions would be bad, (hell, they're even worse than I thought they would be!) and I tried to explain that to all you rosy lensed prognosticators who thought they may be playoff bound. For those of you who picked them to be playoff runners, I would think a potential 0-16 team would be your choice for the "biggest disappointment". You know who you are.:D

Guilty as charged, sir. :eek: :D

Nolan was fired today, or yesterday, and replaced by Singletary.

You know what gets me about this. Singletary if he has a huge turn around won't have to do what Hasslet does in the off-season, They can't just keep Hasslet as coach, They have to interview minorities for it first. With Singletary he can just keep the job if he does well.

*shrug*

You know what gets me about this. Singletary if he has a huge turn around won't have to do what Hasslet does in the off-season, They can't just keep Hasslet as coach, They have to interview minorities for it first. With Singletary he can just keep the job if he does well.

*shrug*
Sounds more like a formality than anything else. If he turns that team around (it's not like the guy doesn't have a decent track record), even if they "have" to interview minority coaches I'm sure he's position with the Rams is secured.

STLtoday - Rooney Rule or not, Haslett deserves to keep coach's job

no technical they have to release him interview some minorities then they can sign him. :(

Yeah but if he turns the team around and they like him, they'll just go through the motions and "interview" people and then go back and hire him. I mean if you're an up and coming minority coach and you see Haslett turn around that team, do you really think you're up for that job, and even if you were, would you want to come into a hostile situation like that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)