Why all the HD posts here?

iKramerica

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Just a heads up, this is clearly marked a technical forum for NOT-HD equipment, yet many are posting about 622s and 722s and 211s.

There is a forum for that. Use it please. Makes it easier for those of us looking for tech info on SD equipment.

We don't swim in your toilet so don't pee in our pool... ;)

Maybe the forum title should be changed to reflect this rather than just stating it in the description (truthfully, I never noticed it until you pointed it out!). I have a question, though... If Dish HD equipment should not be discussed here AND technical issues are not supposed to be discussed in the main Dish forum, where should the questions relating to HD equipment be posted?

It's a losing battle

Yep like hall said it is a losing battle, some people look at it different ways.

Some people it confuses, for example if I have a 722 tech question where should I post it?

I've questioned the forum/sub-forum "descriptions" in the past and I can understand why people are confused where to post.

Make it simpler.....

The Dish Network Forum
Your place to discuss Dish Network and their service, promotions, news and more!

Dish High-Definition Discussions
Discussion of Dish Network High Definition programming and receivers.

Dish Network Standard-Definition Discussions
Discussion of standard-definition Dish Network programming and receivers.

I just spent 5 minutes tops on this so I may have missed some things.

Make it simpler.....

The Dish Network Forum
Your place to discuss Dish Network and their service, promotions, news and more!

Dish High-Definition Discussions
Discussion of Dish Network High Definition programming and receivers.

Dish Network Standard-Definition Discussions
Discussion of standard-definition Dish Network programming and receivers.

I just spent 5 minutes tops on this so I may have missed some things.

That makes sense. I understand the need for sub-threads, but they tend to cause as much confusion as order. Even if clarification is made, the moderators will probably still be moving a lot of threads!

The sticky software updates and how to's threads would also need need to be split for HD and Non-HD. Is that going to happen? There's so much overlap between all three of the forums, you'd either have to create lots of new sub-forums (installations, programming, equipment, billing, etc. for HD and non-HD), merge everything back into one, or just live with it.

I've been posting in the E* forums for nearly a year and this is the first I've noticed that the tech forum was for NON-HD only.:p

Hall - I like your titles much better than the way they are now.

Forum title is technical discussion and so far from the threads with hd I've read here they do fall into the category of technical discussion. If we go onlong your lines then there should be a sub forum for every dish item.

Dish single tuner dvrs SD
Dish single tuner dvrs HD
Dish dual tuner dvrs SD
Dish dual tuner dvrs HD
Dish dual tuner SD
Dish dual tuner HD
Dish single tuner SD DP
Dish single tuner SD Legacy
Dish single tuner HD DP
Dish single tuner HD Legacy
Dish single tuner VHS

Then theres the switches and lnbfs and the dish's and the pocket dish's and the tv combo's, makes for alot of sub forums dont it?

As I said, I may have missed some things.... If you like yours better, have at it. I do think mine's a tad bit more reasonable though.

I no longer see the point of separating out HD from the rest of Dish discussions. HD seems to permeate all of the Dish topics whether technical or regular discussions.