Why am I still with Dish?

He went away. He didn't get the answer he wanted to hear or any support for his dilemma....

I still don't understand why it was such a dilemma. If you want two locations set up then set up two accounts, the rules are the same for both accounts.

And when you signed up for that second account, did you sing a 24 commitment for it?
No, I used purchased equipment and signed up with Locals Only back when that was an option. I was later forced to upgrade to Welcome Pack, which is a pretty good package now that it includes HD versions of the national channels. I was wanting to do the same thing for the third account, but Dish wouldn't let me. (At least, not in my own name.) I didn't want to play the game with having another family member sign up for me. (Besides, my sister already had Dish. She didn't want a second account.)

No, I used purchased equipment and signed up with Locals Only back when that was an option. I was later forced to upgrade to Welcome Pack, which is a pretty good package now that it includes HD versions of the national channels. I was wanting to do the same thing for the third account, but Dish wouldn't let me. (At least, not in my own name.) I didn't want to play the game with having another family member sign up for me. (Besides, my sister already had Dish. She didn't want a second account.)

OK then, did you expect to receive any new customer discounts when you set up that second account then?

No. Was Dish even offering new customer discounts on Locals Only? I could see them doing that around the time of the digital television transition, but I opened that account in 2007.

No, but I'm just using you as an example to the person who started this thread. He was mad because he couldn't set up a second account and get new customer discounts without signing a 24 month contract.

New customer promo with Highest credit qualification for Hopper 3 requires $50non refundable upfront charge
If score is lower may require more. Hopper 2 requires no upfront fee. Existing customers doing upgrade for hopper 3 with Highest credit rating are not required to pay $ 50 fee for Hopper 3

New customer promo with Highest credit qualification for Hopper 3 requires $50non refundable upfront charge
If score is lower may require more. Hopper 2 requires no upfront fee. Existing customers doing upgrade for hopper 3 with Highest credit rating are not required to pay $. 50 fee for Hopper 3

New customers who have the very highest ratings can get free Hopper 3's, next level down pays $50.

From Dish Snapshot DHA24 Elite & DHA24 Plus DHA24 Standard Flex24 FlexTV Additional Receiver Fee1 HOPPER SMART DVR Upfront Cost is per Receiver Hopper 3 Elite: $ 0 / Plus: $ 50 $ 150 $ 200 $ 350 N/A Hopper with Sling $ 0 $ 50 $ 100 $ 300 $ 15/month for 2nd Hopper Hopper $ 0 $ 25 $ 75 $ 250 $ 15/month for 2nd Hopper Joey $ 0 $ 0 $ 0 $ 50 $ 7/month per Joey 4K Joey $ 50 $ 50 $ 50 $ 50 $ 7/month per Joey Wireless Joey2 $ 25 each $ 25 each $ 25 each $ 25 each $ 7/month per Joey Super Joey $ 0 $ 0 $ 100 $ 100 $ 10/month I stand corrected Only Elite qualifies for $0

From Dish Snapshot DHA24 Elite & DHA24 Plus DHA24 Standard Flex24 FlexTV Additional Receiver Fee1 HOPPER SMART DVR Upfront Cost is per Receiver Hopper 3 Elite: $ 0 / Plus: $ 50 $ 150 $ 200 $ 350 N/A Hopper with Sling $ 0 $ 50 $ 100 $ 300 $ 15/month for 2nd Hopper Hopper $ 0 $ 25 $ 75 $ 250 $ 15/month for 2nd Hopper Joey $ 0 $ 0 $ 0 $ 50 $ 7/month per Joey 4K Joey $ 50 $ 50 $ 50 $ 50 $ 7/month per Joey Wireless Joey2 $ 25 each $ 25 each $ 25 each $ 25 each $ 7/month per Joey Super Joey $ 0 $ 0 $ 100 $ 100 $ 10/month I stand corrected Only Elite qualifies for $0
Why do I feel like this is coming off an old fashion telegram or ticker tape machine that the stock market used 100 years ago?:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)