Why am I still with Dish?

I honestly don't think he is trying to account stack. I think he just is pissed about having a two year contract on the second account and wanted some leeway since he has a 18 year old account now and already has been credit checked. Basically now he is being treated like some new joe off the street. Makes sense he is pissed.

That is EXACTLY the issue.

What's sad for Dish is that cord cutting is coming. It's not that it will be that much cheaper it's just that this episode will make me move to it sooner rather than later.

Reactions: dalyew
What whole story? I had an account with Dish Network for over 18 years and I want to set up a second location without the "new customer fee's" without the credit checks, without the 2 year commitment, and without the attitude that my previous 18 years worth of business counts for absolutely nothing. It's not that hard.

I never said I wanted to mirror my existing account for free at the new location.

You can't do that though. They have never done that. You're not the only person to set up a second account before and they had to do the same thing. The only way to get new equipment for free and discounted programming for a new account is to sign a contract. There are no exceptions.

I don't see the big deal.

Switch to Directv, get two new customer accounts if you can talk them into it and be done with it. Or keep the DISH account and easily get a new customer account with Directv. DISH owes you no explanation other than their policy is not to do what you think you deserve, and they have done that. Exactly as someone posted, it is business, period. You can take your business to someone who will do what you want. I have been a customer about as long as you say you have, so I guess DISH should just give me the new customer discounts because I feel I deserve it, nevermind that is not their policy.

Reactions: Patrick Smith
So NOW you can buy one from one from a couple of reputable on-line equipment dealers.

I understand that. They said that when it did come out in a few days it would only be with a contract. Obviously they were wrong. As to the post by Tampa8...You should get new customer discounts if you have to start a new account. I never said anything about that. Guess you need to reread the thread as your comment makes no sense.

I understand that. They said that when it did come out in a few days it would only be with a contract.
I'm not talking about buying from Dish! An retail equipment dealer, like Dish Depot or Solid Signal.

Reactions: bobvick
Here is my suggestion:

Sign up a new account for your new location using a new name such as a wife, then when your year is up cancel your old out of contract account and move your new account back home. You will get new customer pricing and have your 2 accounts for the year.

Here is my suggestion:

Sign up a new account for your new location using a new name such as a wife, then when your year is up cancel your old out of contract account and move your new account back home. You will get new customer pricing and have your 2 accounts for the year.

Sheer brilliance.

Here is my suggestion:

But, if you use an EHD for archiving, losing the original account loses the EHD contents as well...

Reactions: navychop
I understand that. They said that when it did come out in a few days it would only be with a contract. Obviously they were wrong. As to the post by Tampa8...You should get new customer discounts if you have to start a new account. I never said anything about that. Guess you need to reread the thread as your comment makes no sense.

I can see the confusion here. You ask Dish about purchasing from them but you want to purchase from a retailer as mentioned before. If you purchase the equipment you will avoid the contract but you will not get any discounts.

If you want the free equipment, free install and discounted programming then you will be required to sign a contract for that account. This is not screwing you over since this is being treated as a new account. These are the business rules and are the same for everyone regardless if you were their first customer ever.

The other option is to do what darrengs suggested. You can try signing up under a different name or just set it up as a second account for yourself. If your original account is out of contract then you can cancel that when you need to and then just move your other equipment to your original place. Setting up a second account should not affect your original account.

I agree 100%. That's why I cannot understand Dish's stance on this. Honestly if you have shown to Dish that you are a long-term customer and have something like this why write the rules to screw over that customer. Like you said, it's not like it's happening to every customer.
No one is screwing anyone here.
If I understand your story, you are moving for one year...You claim you want Dish service at your abode for that year. You also claim that during this one year period, you wish to retain Dish service at your primary residence.
I have two questions..
1. In your absence from your primary residence, will anyone else be living at that residence?
2. Predicated on the premise that your primary residence will nt be occupied for that year, have you considered a Dish Mover?

Patrick, I completely understand business. It's all about how a company runs their business. I like Apple and Apple products. I have zero issues paying a premium for their products because of their customer service and how they stand behind their products. In business and customer service it's all about perception. My perception of Dish Network has drastically changed.
here's an idea...If you enjoy Apple so much, get rid of your pay tv and subscribe to Apple TV and other streaming services. Problem solved

Reactions: Patrick Smith

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)