Why are some forums so D* biased?

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
without going into details on the first post here...I need to ask.

Why are some internet HDTV programming forums out there so horribly hooked on D* that the very difference of an opinion can send all members and moderators into a hateful frenzy? Has anyone else ever had this experience?

Yes, I'm venting...but I find the concept very disturbing...

Because thats the wat internet forms are. They almost always turn into a group of like minded people if it is not a large website like satelliteguys. Plus it's always people want to make themseves feel like they bought the right thing, so E* must suck if they have D*.

Should have been here before D* lit up all the HD channels last fall, it was 180 degrees the other way around.

If this one is slanted in any way it's probably in fav of E*. Some may disagree but I think it is. I dont necessarily think it's bad or intentional.

Well, I would expect E* specific groups/forums to slant towards E*, I'd expect D* groups/forums to slant towards D*, because thats the viewpoint the forums themselves are intended to support and what the intended charter of that forum is...

But when a general HDTV Programming discussion forum becomes nothing more than a haven for D* fanboyism, rah-rah speeches, and football junkies, who pretty much cyberbully anyone who is of a different opinion that D* for whatever reason, is not the end-all, be-all of human existance, and do so with the complete support and encouragement of the moderators, who furthermore abuse their moderator roles by deleting and editing the opposing viewpoints to purposely alter and weaken opposing the case, then what do you have?

Its like high school...the jocks beat up on the other kids, except the hall monitors who are supposed to prevent the trouble, are the ones holding down the other kids so the jocks can continue to freely beat them. unbelievable...:D

ON the other hand ,if you want to see a forum with a PRO DISH SLANT ONLY look at the DISHNETWORK forum at DBSTALK website and at its infamous super moderator JAMES LONG. THis guy will jump on anything, ANYTHING! he feels is the slightest bit negative about DISH. THis NAZI is so bad that he sends you negative , threatening pms to you if you disagree with him. HE will delete anything he thinks is negative or disagrees with him, or makes him look bad. So you can never win any argument with him since he will delete it anyway. I quit even posting on that site since he is so bad. I don't want to be bullied when I belong to a web board , a board that I belonged to a few months more than he was the super NAZI moderator. Maybe if he ever leaves I will return to posting. But till then I will just read it only for any information.

ON the other hand ,if you want to see a forum with a PRO DISH SLANT ONLY look at the DISHNETWORK forum at DBSTALK website and at its infamous super moderator JAMES LONG. THis guy will jump on anything, ANYTHING! he feels is the slightest bit negative about DISH. THis NAZI is so bad that he sends you negative , threatening pms to you if you disagree with him. HE will delete anything he thinks is negative or disagrees with him, or makes him look bad. So you can never win any argument with him since he will delete it anyway. I quit even posting on that site since he is so bad. I don't want to be bullied when I belong to a web board , a board that I belonged to a few months more than he was the super NAZI moderator. Maybe if he ever leaves I will return to posting. But till then I will just read it only for any information.
James Long wouldn't want to talk to me then! And I think satelliteguys is more Pro Dishnetwork, Then Pro Directv! DBStalk as well.

Wow, that is extreme...

I can understand a dishnetwork forum with a pro dish slant, because essentially thats what the forum is. I can even understand a mod deleting negative posts if there is a concern regarding trolling or bashing that would just upset the forum. But there are levels to which a mod can do that and still remain objective. What you described is just plain disturbing...

But for what its worth, the forum I'm referring to is neither a Dishnetwork nor Directv forum. Its a general HDTV Programming forum that claims no slant, nor is of a topic specific to either provider, yet it appears to have been hijacked from within by D* loyalists who conduct themselves in the manner I have previously described...

So where do I fit in? I have both.

I tend to agree with you on the fight of who has a bigger unit. One of these past posts talked about a guy driving a few hundred miles to make his point to some other blogger. I would say that is extreme.

I have both systems as well, And I don't take sides unless the facts prove true! And loyal customers of Dish and Directv, Hate me When I tell it like it is. Because Neither Satellite companys are close to perfect. And I accept that,But I'll bash both companys if needed.

Come on now, you can't walk in here and make a post of this nature without giving the URL so we can check it out!

High Def Forums?
Come on now, you can't walk in here and make a post of this nature without giving the URL so we can check it out!
It is an HDTV forum. I am trying to avoid naming which forum I'm talking about directly as I do not wish to be perceived as 'bashing' them. The truth is I am sorely disappointed in them, but if I start a bashing campaign, I'm no better than they are...;)

Seriously, to most folks who know me and where I post its pretty obvious...I just don't want to be a jerk about it...

It is an HDTV forum. I am trying to avoid naming which forum I'm talking about directly as I do not wish to be perceived as 'bashing' them. The truth is I am sorely disappointed in them, but if I start a bashing campaign, I'm no better than they are...;)
Just tell us where to look ,You don't have to give names! If it was that bad, Scott would have taken care of it. So give us a hint:D

I have to disagree with you there buddy. I visit both sites, each has their own strengths and weakneses. I must tell you this. In the past I have had a lot of back and forth with James Long and he has been nothing other than helpful and straight to the point. After I received a vip222, I was extremely critical of it, in many posts, and not once did he call me on the carpet, tell me to tone it down. As a matter of fact, he PM'd me to hook me up with the tech dept @ dish so they could try to trouble shoot. You can take it to the bank that if he would have been anything other than professional, I wouldn't be writing this.

Not everyone on that "Other" board are total jerks, just like not everyone on this board has anal secretions that smells like rose water.

I got banned from there because someone took one of my messages (rumors or news I posted) and posted it there as them (without giving credit)

I don't have an issue with any site using our news and info that we publiclly post, I just ask that credit is given where its due.

I don't even think I said anything bad, in fact just gave more info, but they saw my name and just banned me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)