Why are some forums so D* biased?

Just tell us where to look ,You don't have to give names! If it was that bad, Scott would have taken care of it. So give us a hint:D

The forum is not a 'satguys' forum...believe me, if it was that bad HERE I would have reported it to Scott myself! :p

Seriously, just for the purpose of avoiding unecessary speculation...Its that AVSforum's HDTV section. I stayed in that forum like a bad marraige, and its sunk to a level of stupidity now that I can no longer stomach it...

Sorry...just wanted to clear it up...

I got banned from there because someone took one of my messages (rumors or news I posted) and posted it there as them (without giving credit)

I don't have an issue with any site using our news and info that we publiclly post, I just ask that credit is given where its due.

I don't even think I said anything bad, in fact just gave more info, but they saw my name and just banned me.

I got banned from the High Def forums just because of my screen name. I guess they thought I was a mod here or something. I asked for an explanation and got no answers. Oh well!

I have to disagree with you there buddy. I visit both sites, each has their own strengths and weakneses. I must tell you this. In the past I have had a lot of back and forth with James Long and he has been nothing other than helpful and straight to the point. After I received a vip222, I was extremely critical of it, in many posts, and not once did he call me on the carpet, tell me to tone it down. As a matter of fact, he PM'd me to hook me up with the tech dept @ dish so they could try to trouble shoot. You can take it to the bank that if he would have been anything other than professional, I wouldn't be writing this.

Not everyone on that "Other" board are total jerks, just like not everyone on this board has anal secretions that smells like rose water.

Well I received so many pms from James LONG, when I criticized Dish over the last years price increase,that I had to turn off my pm service on that and every web board I belonged to. He seemed to be stalking me on that board and where ever I posted even in the Directv web board , he would pop up and try to bait me into a fight or disect and find fault with anything I posted. HE told me that this was a private web board and that freedom of speech was not guaranteed on his web board. Talk about Hitler complex- little man syndrome.

The last time I posted on the board I got a admin email telling me that I received a warning for talking about the sat guys web board. He didn't like any reference to this board at all. THere is a lot of jealousy of this board and Scott G. in particular, as well a history with Scott G. going back a few years , that limits the very discussion of him or his website on their web board. I also argue my points better than James which is the reason he likes to delete my posts that show him up.

So IF you have had a good interaction with him then good for you. I have never had a good interaction with him and I was tired of walking on eggshells on that board because I might tell the truth about something negative about DISH. After the warning message for last months post about the satguys , I decided ENOUGH is ENOUGH!. I will not post anything to that board again till he was gone, dead or buried which ever comes first. I do not berate other people for their posts and I don't expect to be berated for mine, especially by the " super Moderator" as he likes to be known as. He is a little man with more time on his hands than most and if I ever saw him in person I would kick his butt for the threatening pms he has sent me in the past. I now rerfer to dbstalk as DBS STALK web site just because of him.

As to everyone else on the "other " board being total jerks, I never said EVERYONE , I said JAMES LONG. He alone has turned me off to every posting there as long as he was the moderator.

Well I received so many pms from James LONG, when I criticized Dish over the last years price increase,that I had to turn off my pm service on that and every web board I belonged to. He seemed to be stalking me on that board and where ever I posted even in the Directv web board , he would pop up and try to bait me into a fight or disect and find fault with anything I posted. HE told me that this was a private web board and that freedom of speech was not guaranteed on his web board. Talk about Hitler complex- little man syndrome.

The last time I posted on the board I got a admin email telling me that I received a warning for talking about the sat guys web board. He didn't like any reference to this board at all. THere is a lot of jealousy of this board and Scott G. in particular, as well a history with Scott G. going back a few years , that limits the very discussion of him or his website on their web board. I also argue my points better than James which is the reason he likes to delete my posts that show him up.

So IF you have had a good interaction with him then good for you. I have never had a good interaction with him and I was tired of walking on eggshells on that board because I might tell the truth about something negative about DISH. After the warning message for last months post about the satguys , I decided ENOUGH is ENOUGH!. I will not post anything to that board again till he was gone, dead or buried which ever comes first. I do not berate other people for their posts and I don't expect to be berated for mine, especially by the " super Moderator" as he likes to be known as. He is a little man with more time on his hands than most and if I ever saw him in person I would kick his butt for the threatening pms he has sent me in the past. I now rerfer to dbstalk as DBS STALK web site just because of him.

As to everyone else on the "other " board being total jerks, I never said EVERYONE , I said JAMES LONG. He alone has turned me off to every posting there as long as he was the moderator.

I had similiar problems at AVS. What I really couldn't get was how readily the Mods would encourage flame wars to suit their own ends, and then cripple me in fighting them by altering and deleting my posts. IT was the bandwagon harassment that they encouraged is what blew me away....it was literally like being bullied where one guy held you down while letting the other guy beat you. I guess thats what you get for being right in the wrong crowd. Exposed one to many fallacies I guess... :D

I was banned from High Def Forums for asking a mod a question in a PM. A post of mine was edited and I just asked why it was done. Never once said one thing bad in the PM just was wondering what I did wrong to have the post edited.

maybe if chuck pulled his head out of his ergen and actually listened to customers and added the 2 hd channels everyone seems to want maybe we would see more pro *ish network threads

ah i just woke up and relized fanatasy island is off the air

I got banned too ... I honestly forget why?! Cass emailed me like 3 weeks after asking for advice to migrate his forum.

I was banned from High Def Forums for asking a mod a question in a PM. A post of mine was edited and I just asked why it was done. Never once said one thing bad in the PM just was wondering what I did wrong to have the post edited.

Seriously, just for the purpose of avoiding unecessary speculation...Its that AVSforum's HDTV section.
I knew the Forum you were talking about as soon as you described "hall monitors helping the bullies to beat up people". ;)

What is weird about AVS is that each sub-Forum has a different tone.

The "HDTV Programming Forum" is the one you are describing, and they have stickied threads by Mods that have six months old out-of-date info for E*, with daily updated info for D*. :rolleyes:

Conversely, the "Home Theater Computers" Forum at AVS is a great place, with a lot of helpful people, and relaxed Mods (some of who are in the PC industry).

I don't think I've seen anyone post in both Forums, even though they are on the same site. Go figure...

I knew the Forum you were talking about as soon as you described "hall monitors helping the bullies to beat up people". ;)

What is weird about AVS is that each sub-Forum has a different tone.

The "HDTV Programming Forum" is the one you are describing, and they have stickied threads by Mods that have six months old out-of-date info for E*, with daily updated info for D*. :rolleyes:

Conversely, the "Home Theater Computers" Forum at AVS is a great place, with a lot of helpful people, and relaxed Mods (some of who are in the PC industry).

I don't think I've seen anyone post in both Forums, even though they are on the same site. Go figure...

Lets not forget the endless amount of football related threads.

At superbowl they launch about 3 or 4 sticky threads about the game, yet you can't even get them to recognize an E* channel launch unless several members start screaming for it.

Maybe 'AVSports forum' is a more appropriate name. It seems like a more reliable place to get a pre-season football score than anything to do with science these days.

Years ago it was very decent...these days, I don't know.

I got into an 'argument' in a thread on DBStalk (not with James Long), and a few minutes after I posted a further reply, i decided to delete it cause i was no longer interested in continuing the tit for tat. A few weeks later I got a PM from Ron Barry thanking me for "See you pulled back your comment on the SciFi USA thread. I appreciate it.... Nice to see when some people get it and do the right thing.."

Guess my point is that the mods over there must not have much to do besides moderate the board if they CAN, and have the time to read through deleted posts to see what (and potentially why) someone deleted a post. Wonder if i was on the cusp of being banned that day...dont really care..they have a sucky "New Posts" search that makes their site nearly useless to me anyway.

Anyway, my take is Satguys has more E* subscribers are members and DBStalk have more D* subscribers as members. One is free to talk up either provider on the DBS site, but not say much negative. Over here you're free (within reason) to say anything about either. We do have one particularly annoying mod over here who's a major D* fanboy who picks on E*, and trolls the E* boards way too much.

I'm Banned at DBS talk. And All the other HD sites suck anyway. None of them can handle truth. But don't miss DBStalk,because theres too many ass kissers over there.

Anyway, my take is Satguys has more E* subscribers are members and DBStalk have more D* subscribers as members. One is free to talk up either provider on the DBS site, but not say much negative. Over here you're free (within reason) to say anything about either. We do have one particularly annoying mod over here who's a major D* fanboy who picks on E*, and trolls the E* boards way too much.

I know exactly who you are talking about...always trying to 'buck' the system.... ;)

I've always said that guy treats D* more like a religion than a TV service, even his trolling of the E* discussions is more reminiscent of missionary work than a technical discussion. Trying to redeem us E* subs of our sinful, self-desctructive ways...:D

I know who you are talking about and yes hes a troll, the admins have been discussing this and this issue is tough for us as he is a good guy, just a little zellous in his love for DirecTV.

We are aware and watching. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)