Why are there local MeTV ads in the Directv-inserted spots?

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
I have seen a few MeTV Boston ads inserted in the local spots of the Directv-inserted commercials. Specifically, the ads are for the Flintstones. Why are they advertising a channel they don't carry? Only those of us with AM21s/LCCs can see it, but no mention of the LCC is made. And by us, I should say "us" as Boston is my "moved" market, but I do have the Plattsburgh, NY MeTV on my AM21. Ironically, they are only one channel apart (5-2 in Boston, 5-3 here.)

They show all the commercials that the primary channel airs (with the exception of DirecTV inserts) so that’s why you’re seeing them. Probably beneficial for the station anyways, for the consumer could get an antenna and watch it that way.

They show all the commercials that the primary channel airs (with the exception of DirecTV inserts) so that’s why you’re seeing them. Probably beneficial for the station anyways, for the consumer could get an antenna and watch it that way.

This isn't the primary channel. This is the local ad inserts on the national "cable" channels. I have seen it on ESPN, CNN, MSNBC, and one of the other ESPNs just today. I know they show the commercials on the primary - they can't insert their own ads into locals.

DirecTV actually does carry MeTV in some markets (I get it, since I’m near Atlanta) so that’s what it could be for.

I know that, but they do not carry MeTV Boston, which is the specific channel it references. It even has the same slide that you'd see if it aired on the primary at the end with all of the channels on the providers, without Directv of course. J

I know that, but they do not carry MeTV Boston, which is the specific channel it references. It even has the same slide that you'd see if it aired on the primary at the end with all of the channels on the providers, without Directv of course. J

Hm. Yes, that’s very strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)